My sister Kenzie was here for most of the weekend, so on Saturday we did a bit of a girls' day while Ryan went to Valencia to have a boys' day with some of his buddies. As part of our girls' day we decided to see Bride Wars. I've been dying to see it (love Kate Hudson) and I knew going with Kenzie would be my only shot. I figured since it was a chick flick there wouldn't be any loud noises that would startle Westin. He was a tad squirmy right at the beginning so I stood in the back with him for the first ten minutes, but then he slept through the rest. He's such a good baby. Kenzie and I followed up the movie with a little shopping and then headed home.
Going backward in the weekend, Friday night Trevor and BreAnne came over. We were planning on going to The Grove in Hollywood for dinner, but once we hit the grid-locked streets in Santa Monica we chose to stay close by. Had we continued on our route to The Grove, it probably would have taken us an hour to get there... and it's only about 5 miles in distance. Only in LA. So we ended up at one of our favorite local restaurants, The Counter. It's a build-your-own burger joint with the best sweet potato fries around.
One side of the table

and the other side


This is

3 comments:
Ok, so I am proud of you, that is awesome that you dared to take Westin to a movie! Looking back, the newborn stage is the time to take them. They just sleep all day and never make a peep. Taking Stella to a movie these days would be a nightmare.
I love all the updates and the pictures of Westin. He looks just like you still but as he gets older I am starting to see a bit of Ryan in his face too.
I am so happy that he is doing well and that you guys are enjoying parenthood. It really is so much fun.
Can't wait to see you guys next month!
we are sadly out of the movie phase with eli already. we tried to see benjamin button and i ended up out in the hall with him for 2 1/2 hours. it wasn't that he was angry, its just he likes making noises a little too much. but good job westin for doing so well! how was the movie? i want to see it so hope you liked it.
What a good, and cute, baby!!
Post a Comment