Yes, you read that correctly. It says
MY favorite toy. Now that
Westin is staying awake more during the day, I've discovered that finding time to get myself ready or accomplish anything around the house has been a bit of a challenge... that is until we set up
Westin's play yard. This thing is amazing!!! Setting
Westin up with his mat buys me at least 30 minutes to get something done before he loses interest... and that's 30 minutes more than I had before we got this so I'm stoked. His favorite feature on the play yard is the mirror. He also just discovered the colorful star at the top and seems to like looking at that too.
If you look closely enough at the picture you can see that he has a little smirk on his face.
Westin also enjoys going on walks and usually falls asleep within the first five minutes we're out. This week it's been raining and a bit more cold than usual (we went from sunny and 80 degrees last week to rainy and 65 this week - probably something my Utah friends would die for right now). Anyway, since it's bit colder, I was able to pull out this adorable beanie
Tawni made for
Westin. Thanks
Tawni! (BTW - you can get one of your own at her website - I have it as a link at the bottom of the page, Dainty Dumplings).
Just one more picture. I forgot to add this after the weekend. Ryan had Monday off for Martin Luther King Day, so we headed to
Agoura to hang out with friends and family. We shopped and had lunch with our friend Trevor at the
Westlake Promenade, and then headed to my dad's to go on a walk to the park. My dad insisted on bringing a football, though I repeatedly told him
Westin isn't old enough to toss it around yet. I think he's just eager for him to get old enough to play some ball with the old man.
Well, this finishes Westin's 6th week of life. He's so much more alert these days. I wish I knew what he's thinking when he's looking around at things or looking at me and Ryan - probably not much, but I wish we had a little voiceover like in the movie, "Looks Who's Talking."
This past week Westin has been smiling a lot more, and I don't think it's just from the gas. I actually think he's starting to smile at me. Seeing him smile is my favorite thing and can easily turn a bad day into a great one.
2 comments:
I am dying right now! He is a mini Courtney! Seriously, he looks just like your family, it's the nose for sure. It looks like the beanie fits him so that is good. He looks good in blue, probably runs in his veins ... :)
I wanted to know what the main colors of your nursery were, what did you end up deciding to do?
Yes I am totally jealous of that beautiful weather you guys are having! Brad and I have definitely decided that we are moving to Cali asap...well I wish. It sounds like you guys are having a blast, and I can't wait to see little Westin again!
Post a Comment