January 6, 2009

Back to Work

It was a sad day in the Rich household yesterday as it was Ryan's first day back to work in over a month. The timing of Westin's birth was quite perfect with the holidays close by. Ryan was able to take two weeks off for Westin and then his work gave everyone two weeks off for the holidays... so he had a good month-long break. It was all fun and games until Sunday night when reality hit and we realized Ryan would be leaving us the next morning. Westin and I certainly miss having Ryan around, and I'll go out on a limb and say that Ryan probably misses being here too :)

In other news, Westin and I just returned from his one month appointment. We've noticed that Westin is already getting bigger by the day and here are his stats to prove it:

Birth: 6 lbs. 14 oz., 19 inches
2 weeks: 7 lbs. 3 oz., 20 inches
One month: 9 lbs. 3 oz., 21 inches

Here's a recent picture of our little man. If you look back a few posts to when we first brought Westin home, you'll see another picture of him in his Boppy... and he looks quite a bit smaller (just if you want to compare).
This week was a big week for me... I packed up and put away all my maternity clothes!!! Ah, what a nice feeling that is. And while most of my regular clothes don't fit perfectly just yet, I'm getting there and it's just nice to have the fat clothes out of my sight!!!
I also forgot to post a picture of Westin with his most recent visitors - Kirsten and Jen stopped by last week during the break. This was Kirsten's first time seeing Westin. Clearly he took right to her... he's out like a light.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Have I mentioned that Westin is ADORABLE? You guys just look so happy. I cannot wait to meet him in March!!

steph said...

Awwww. So cute. Keep the pictures coming!

Erika said...

Poor Ryan. I'll bet it is so hard for him to go back after such an eventful break. Next thing to look forward to: March Madness Vegas Trip!

PS - you look great Court!

Jason and Tawni said...

Poor Ryan, I hope he survived his first day back in the real world. That was probably pretty hard. Then again, someone has to make the money for you to spend on adorable baby clothes right?
I can't believe Westin is 9 pounds, I am so sad that I am missing his teeny weeny days but hopefully he will still be small and snuggly when I see him next month.
Happy New Year ( I sure hope Ryan wasn't planning to drive anywhere after those Martinelli's)