November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun

I hope everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday. Ryan and I just returned from our long journey to his parents house in Valencia (about 30 miles north of us). We went up there on Wednesday morning - thinking we'd be beating most of the holiday traffic leaving LA, but we were so wrong. Our normal 30 minute drive took an hour and a half. Ridiculous. Around here you always have to factor in traffic - it's Southern California's only flaw :)

All of Ryan's family was in town for the week which was so fun. I love having all the kids around and can't wait for our little guy to be big enough (or even to be born) to join in all their fun. Our nieces and nephew have a ton of energy and were going strong from the moment they woke up to the minute they went to bed. Here's Ryan playing with Delaney (age 4 - left) and Lily (age 6 - right). I was really bad at taking pictures this week and will have to make up for it when they all come back at Christmas.

This is our niece, Gemma. She is one of the happiest kids I've ever been around. There was hardly a minute she didn't have a smile on her face. This picture was taken when she was playing the piano. She would hit a couple keys and then turn to the group and wait for everyone to clap. She thought it was the best time ever.
Another adorable picture of Gemma (16 months)
Thanksgiving dinner is a big event at the Rich's. Both Rick and Connie are excellent cooks and always have scrumptious food. This picture doesn't show nearly everything we had on the table, but just showcases the beautiful setting. Thanks for a great dinner!

The rest of the weekend was spent seeing movies (we saw Four Christmases which actually was quite funny), shopping at the new outdoor mall in Glendale (girls), watching football (boys), playing basketball (boys), and hanging out.

This year we didn't see my family over the Thanksgiving weekend because everyone headed up to Utah where Trevor and Chris are (LAME)! Actually, it's better the boys stayed up there because they'll be able to take more time off work during the Christmas break and will get more time with Westin. However, I missed seeing them but heard they had a great time seeing our cousins.
~
Before I sign off, I have to add my final belly shot (per Tawni's request, of course). Here I am at 38 weeks and 5 days.

3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

You look so cute Courtney! I'm so excited for you. Thanks for the present by the way. I'm excited to use it.

Erin C said...

court you look beautiful! Cant wait to meet the little guy!

Jason and Tawni said...

I have to say THANK YOU for putting up your belly picture just for me! :) I am sure I'm not the only one who wanted to see it, however, I am the only one who kept bugging you! It paid off! You look fabulous and I love that belly, I can't wait for Westin to arrive. T-Minus 3 more days! Woo Hoo!