With the release of the movie Twilight and the Holy War between BYU and Utah, it was supposed to be an exciting weekend. Unfortunately, one of those events didn't turn out like it was supposed to. I'll start with my take on Twilight. I read a couple friends' blogs before I saw it and they all said they "loved it." I can only say I liked it, but didn't love it. My "like it" review stems primarily from the actor who played Edward - he just doesn't do it for me. Sorry ladies, don't be mad. Other than him, I liked the rest of the characters and was happy with the movie overall. But because I wasn't as in love with this Edward as I am with the Edward from the books, I can't say I loved it.
So Saturday morning I saw the movie with BreAnne and Kenzie, while Ryan played golf with Trevor (friend Trevor, not brother Trevor). Afterwards we all headed to our place to watch the football game, where my dad joined up with us. It was an exciting first half, but it was all for naught thanks to a certain quarterback who couldn't tell red from blue and threw 5 interceptions. Sorry Max Hall, but this loss is all on you buddy.
This week we're looking forward to all of Ryan's siblings coming to town for Thanksgiving. Then it's just another week or so of work for Ryan before the baby comes and he gets to take some time off. Two weeks in counting!!!
November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, I have to admit that Twilight didn't really do it for me... It was okay, a little slow, but i think I am going to have to watch it again to really get a good appreciation for the movie. The book was so much better and I think I am totally stuck on that, all the nuances and everything. oh well what can you do, but I did hear that they are starting to make New Moon the movie. Oh, I know you have been busy, but have you read Midnight Sun off of Stephine's website... it's really good. Hope all is well we miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in December :) Happy Thanksgiving!
Courtney:
This may be a strange request, but I am part of an MBA student research team at BYU. We are conducting free research for the Cafe Rio location in Orem, UT as part of one of our classes. We are looking to talk briefly with people who are passionate about Cafe Rio. I saw one of your posts about your father bringing Cafe Rio takeout home on a plane and thought you probably qualify.
If you would be willing to participate in the survey, please let me know by sending an email to caferiostudy@gmail.com. If not, no big deal. Thanks.
I AM OBSESSED WITH THE TWILIGHT BOOKS!
And I was slightly disappointed in the movie too.
Can't believe you're having a baby!!!!! I'll be in LA in March! so exciting! Yay!
Post a Comment