Tuesday night was the fourth and final child birth class. Being the day before Ryan started his holiday break, he was actually out of work at a decent hour and able to attend class with me. Unfortunately, he missed all the classes with the birthing videos, but I'm sure that would have just scared him more helped him :)
So Tuesday's class was another two hour session that could have easily been 45 minutes or less, but Penny (the teacher) likes to tell A LOT of stories about all 9 of her kids and spends the first 30 minutes asking everyone how their weeks went. Once we got through all that, the most useful info in this class was probably about how to swaddle the baby and hold them to make them comfortable - which was actually news to me too. I had no idea that babies don't like laying on their backs, but prefer to be held on their sides, slightly tilted forward.
All in all, the classes were not all that informative, but definitely a rite of passage that had to take place. I've also gotten a lot of useful info/tips from my friends and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has offered their advice.
We're seeing the light at the end of this 9 month tunnel now! Just a week and a half to go.
November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, you may not have learned too much from the birthing classes but hey, now you know. I cannot believe your baby is coming in just over a week! Aghhhh, I am SO excited for you guys and SO jealous of your California girlfriends who get to be in on the action. Sigh. Please take one final belly picture for me ok? Love ya! (Remember, a text the MINUTE you go to the hospital ...)
Post a Comment