November 10, 2008

Best Baby Shower EVER!

WARNING: Lots (and I mean lots) of pictures.

This weekend my best friend Mandy and her mom, Margaret, threw an AMAZING baby shower for me. Seriously, it was like none I've ever been to. If you don't know Margaret, entertaining is kind of her "thing." She never misses a single detail and she always goes above and beyond. Here's a glimpse at the festivities.

This was the end of the buffet table. They had little goodies all around the diaper cake, including Dodger bottles, bibs, pacifiers, and socks. To the right of this table, they had lemonade in champagne glasses with fresh blueberries on top. Not only did everything taste good, it looked beautiful.
For napkins, they used the old school cloth diapers. What a cute idea!
There were decorations throughout the rooms, including the bathroom.
The hostesses
Once everyone arrived, Margaret announced a game we would be playing: Project Runway - Baby Edition. Everyone divided into groups (except me) and was told they had 30 minutes to create an outfit for their model (a teddy bear). They also were required to do a sketch and have a script for the runway.


This was the first stop - the fabric store - where everyone picked up their material.
My mom, Kenzie and Camille sketching out their idea.
More brilliant designing...
As everyone worked, I grabbed Megan's baby, Eli, and did a little practicing.
Here are the final products. Can you guess which one I picked as the winner?
The winning team included my mom, Kenzie, Connie and Camille (and a few others, but I'm not sure who else -sorry)... but despite what some may say, my pick wasn't biased. I loved all of the designs, but ultimately chose theirs because of its good construction and creative design elements (those are gladiator sandals the bear is wearing).
After the game, we ate and opened presents.
Thank you to everyone who came and for all your generosity. I can't believe how much I got! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The girls: Harper, me, Kirsten, Mandy, Jen, and Julia
Grandma to be
Connie and Camille (Ryan's mom and sister)
Jacque and Erin
BreAnne
With the two amazing party planners...
Thank you ladies for an incredible day!!!
~
So as of today, this is the state of the baby's room (and this is after some organizing from the shower - everything is scattered all over the bed and crib). I did an inventory of everything and feel like I am pretty much set. There are a few more things to get next week when I'm not working and then I have A LOT of organizing to do.
And if you actually made it to the end of this post... then you get to hear the exciting and shocking news I received this morning... my due date is actually 10 days earlier than I had originally thought. Instead of December 17th, it's actually...
~
DECEMBER 7th
~
Yeah... not sure when my doctor actually changed the date on me. Here's how I found out:
Me: "Well, if I'm late, I guess I'll be having a Christmas baby."
Doctor: "I doubt you'll be three weeks late."
Me: "THREE WEEKS!!! I thought I was due December 17th."
Doctor: "No, I have you down for December 7th."
~
So we checked the ultrasound from last week and that's exactly what she had written down. No wonder the baby was about a pound heavier than I was expecting him to be last week... it's cause he's 10 days older than I thought he was. Again, not sure when she moved the date up, cause I know we had been discussing the 17th since the beginning. Anyway, just thought you'd all like to know :)

8 comments:

Krissy said...

I am so excited for you! The room looks great... and you are going to be a fabulous Mom. I am so happy that you had a terrific baby shower :) It looks so fun, I'm bummed I missed it :( but no worries we'll totally have a surprise for the little guy in December! Hope all is well!

Megan said...

your baby shower was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. ive never been to a party quite like it. sorry once again for being so late, and for sneaking out early! saturday was a pretty jam-packed day. but everything looked great and im so glad you got so many great things.
that is so awesome about your due date! now you dont have to worry about baby rich being born too close to christmas.

Kacey Nielsen said...

That is one awesome baby shower!

Same thing happened with me when I was pregnant with Scarlet. Suddenly, my due date was a week earlier and nobody bothered to tell me! haha, i guess moms don't usually complain about the baby coming a little sooner than expected.

Jason and Tawni said...

Woo Hoo! I made it to the end to hear your exciting news! There is nothing better than having an earlier due date! Well, except for when it's 10 weeks earlier than you thought! :)

Your shower looked amazing, I was thinking about you all day. I wished that I could have been there somehow, it was pretty much the social event of the season!

You look beautiful and I can't believe your baby is coming in less than 4 weeks! I know you will be an incredible mother, you are meant for it! Enjoy not working, make sure you don't overdo it (ask for help, you will regret doing too much by yourself) and enjoy these last few weeks with just the two of you. It is going to be a whole different ballgame once your little man gets here. I AM SOOOOO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt said...

The Philpotts know how to throw a party. I can tell you from experience.

Erika said...

Westin's room looks great (partially due to our craftsmanship). Props on the decorating. This is really going to happen, huh?

Unknown said...

check out themed diaper cakes on growinstyle.

The Evers Family said...

I've been a bad friend and haven't checked your blog for a while and just saw the news about your due date change. How exciting! You look so cute pregnant! 2 1/2 weeks left, wow. Good luck with everything and I want to hear how everything goes!