November 20, 2008

Child Birth 101: Part 3 - BYU vs. Pepperdine

I know all of you wait eagerly every week to hear about my birthing class experiences... unfortunately, this week's class was trumped by the BYU v. Pepperdine game. So, that means no stories about Penny and the miserable couple that hates baby showers and Babies R Us. Sorry. Stayed tuned next week for notes from the last class.

This was my first week not working and it's been quite nice - BUSY - but nice. I've been going to doctor appointments, doing the baby's laundry, getting the last items at Bed Bath and Beyond and Babies R Us, organizing the baby's room, and Christmas shopping... I'm basically trying to finish everything up this week before Thanksgiving, just in case the little guy wants to come early.

Now, I'll be honest, I've also been enjoying this time off with reading, working out, watching daytime TV, getting a pedicure, and enjoying some time with my family. Ryan was in Boston for part of the week, so I headed up to my mom's and spent some time with her and Kenzie, as well as my dad and Loni.

Tuesday night was the game. BYU killed Pepperdine by 30 points or so. I forgot how small the Pepperdine basketball facility is - I felt like I was in my high school gym. The picture captures the entire length of the gym... no joke.

The gang
Loni, my dad, me, and Kenzie (doesn't she look good in BYU gear? She'll make a great Cougar!)

The rest of the time at home was spent with my mom, getting the remaining baby and nursery items. She was a huge help and I'm so glad she's nearby to assist. I'd be lost without her. This was my car as I headed back to West LA. The big box is the dresser and all around it are the last of the baby items. I think we're all set to go.

The countdown is really on. Just two and a half weeks till the due date. Ahhhh - can't believe it's here!!!

3 comments:

The Sutera Family said...

I bet it feels so good to know that all the shopping is done, (for now anyways) and now all you have to do is wait! I am so excited for you and Ryan, I know you will be a great Mom.

Megan said...

so fun...i probably would have picked going to the game too. tanner was actually there as well...did you see him?
congratulations on getting all your shopping done! i felt really relieved after i got all mine done. now its just the fun organizing part and then you are set!

Jason and Tawni said...

Welcome to the nesting stage, isn't shopping and organizing the best past time? Thank goodness you have stopped working and can enjoy the last days as a non-mom. The little guy will be here before you know it. I can't wait to see your nursery pictures and your newest belly bump picture ... (HINT HINT)