October 20, 2008

Save the Tatas

This weekend my girlfriends threw a fundraising party for their 3-Day Breast Cancer walk. They got such a great turn out and the party was so much fun. I can't wait to hear how much they made. Here's a little recap of the good times...

Team Philly: Julia, Mandy, Kirsten, Jen, Harper, Jessica, Heather

Just above the girls' heads is some beautiful artwork they put together - which also turned out to be a very fun game. Each of the girls painted their... um... chest, and then pressed themselves against the paper. The guests then had to guess which picture belonged to each girl. Not sure who won, but I'd be impressed if someone actually got all 7 right.

Our friends Mike and Erin joined us for the night of pink.

Each guest was asked to make a $15 donation, and the girls provided pizza and booze for everyone, as well as pink cupcakes, candy, and cookies.

Mary and me

I have to admit, it was a little weird being at a party with all my high school friends and being preggo. I couldn't help but feel a little out of place. But everyone was of course so sweet and as you can see from this picture, I had lots of people wanting to touch the belly to see if they could feel the little guy move.
Mandy, Julia, Jen and Jon

More belly touching

Here's a different angle of the belly. Tawni, this one is for you.

Congratulations girls on a great party!

Also, if you would like to donate to their cause - check out their website at: http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/SanDiegoEvent?team_id=43848&pg=team&fr_id=1187



2 comments:

Jason and Tawni said...

So apparently I am the only one who ever bugs you endlessly for more belly pictures. What is wrong with the rest of your friends? I guess none of them care about you as much as I do! Anyways, this is a wonderful post for a wonderful cause and I think it's awesome that your friends put that together. I really enjoyed the chest guessing game, that is freakin awesome! (PS Your belly is sooooo cute!)

The Sutera Family said...

Look how cute your belly is. I am so excited for you!