October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Party

Sunday afternoon Ryan and I joined my dad, Loni, and Kenzie for some good ol' fashion pumpkin carving... sort of. Loni and Kenzie thought it would also be fun to paint, so they got artificial pumpkins that were good for painting and carving. So here's the set up...

Being typical males, my dad and Ryan felt like this was some sort of competition. They were taking jabs at each other's pumpkins all day. Good times.


My dad went with a classic pumpkin, while Ryan showed his support to the Dodgers (with a little help from his artistic wife). Kenzie was ultra-creative and designed her pumpkin after Dwight from The Office.

Because I put all my creative energy to helping Ryan and my dad, I ended up just painting "Happy Halloween" on mine - I know, so original. Loni's is the cute polka dot pumpkin on the end.

I love that the holidays are upon us - they come with so many fun activities.

2 comments:

Kristine Elaine said...

Cutest! I love pumpkin carving and am pretty sure I won't be doing it this year.

Jason and Tawni said...

I can't wait to carve/paint pumpkins! That is my favorite part about Halloween. Oh, except for dressing up. Oh, and all the candy. Oh wait, the parties are way fun too ...

I have to say that I am a HUGE fan of Loni's pumpkin and I might have to copy both yours and hers ...