Good news. I've figured out how to add more pictures without having to pay the fee for extra storage space. Well, actually my friend Trisha figured it out and shared her secret with me. All you have to do is upload your pictures to a photo sharing site like Photobucket or Flickr and paste the URL into the upload on blogger. Yes, it's an extra step, but purely out of annoyance with the lack of storage space on here, I'm happy to take it.
So on with the blog I go...
This week was pretty low key, which was perfectly fine for me after a busy week last week. Some of this week's highlights included Music Makers, a visit to the SM Airport, a visit to LAX for a picnic and plane watching, a birthday party, picking out a prize, and some baking.
Another gorgeous week meant we were outside pretty much every day. Westin and I had some quality mother and son time while dining on In n' Out and watching the "big jets" land.
Just a random shot of Team Rich taken by Uncle Adam one evening
Westin's getting a little better taking his own pictures
Westin's always so eager to help clean the dishes after I bake cupcakes (btw - I created my own chocolate cookies and cream cupcakes and they rock! I will be sure to share the recipe soon)
But he's never really thrilled with getting cleaned himself
Westin also earned his first prize for all his help cleaning. We started this cleaning chart (and a sharing chart) about two weeks ago. Each time he helps pick up his toys or shares with his friends, he gets a point. He loves watching me mark the chart and has recently wanted to make the marks himself (as you can see in the last two circles).
The day he earned his 10th point, we made a quick trip to Target to let W pick out his prize from the awesome dollar section. It was a big decision that was narrowed down to three finalists: a plastic sword, a bouncy ball, or a Winnie the Pooh notebook. And the winner was...
After BYU's big win against SDSU, Westin received this shirt from Grandpa Steve the next day. Go Jimmer!
Then on Saturday, Westin attended his friend's dog-themed birthday party at the park. They each got their own pair of doggie ears, along with a black nose and whiskers.
What a cute puppy!
Here are the kids playing one of the games. They were supposed to run to the blanket, then crawl across the blanket, run to the pretend dog food and repeat the sequence back to the finish line. Westin took an early lead, but was unfortunately disqualified for not crawling on the blanket. Sorry, kid. It's on tape. You can't deny it. Just know that mom and dad appreciate your competitiveness.
Not sure what Westin was doing here, but I love his facial expression.
Hangin' with his pal Jersey.
Ryan was at a school workshop all day Friday and Saturday (so kind of a lame weekend for him), but we did try to squeeze in some fun in the evenings - dinner at our place Friday night with some family and then we dined out at Lemonade in Venice on Saturday (so yummy!).
Now it's just a lazy morning before church. Unfortunately, it's actually starting to look a little cloudy here today. I think we may even get some rain! Maybe it is winter after all.















No comments:
Post a Comment