The real name of this dish is Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Red Onions, but I decided to omit the "cauliflower" from the name so that you wouldn't be immediately turned off. I encourage you to keep reading because this is, in fact, a yummy dish.-
I found this recipe in Women's Day and thought it looked like a light and easy pasta dish. I actually used about half the amount of pasta it called for and added grilled chicken (which I seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked in a frying pan with a little extra virgin olive oil - gave it a good flavor).
-
Ingredients
1 small head of cauliflower, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
1/3 cup fresh sage, roughly chopped (I used dried sage - because that's what I had - and just generously sprinkled it all over)
2 tbsp. olive oil
Kosher salt
Pepper
1/2 golden raisins
12 oz. whole grain penne
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving (I didn't add the 1/4 c. Parmesan, and instead sprinkled a little fat-free feta on mine. Ryan liked the Parmesan on his)
-
Preparation
Heat oven to 425. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower, onion, sage, oil and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper; roast for 15 minutes. Add the raisins and toss to incorporate. Continue roasting until the vegetables are golden brown and tender, about 8-10 minutes more.
-
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
-
Add the vegetable mixture and Parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.

6 comments:
Wow! It looks so yummy. I will try to cook this one. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Restaurant online ordering systems
I will be making this:) Thanks!!! We need to meet you at Disneyland sometime soon!!!
um... this sounds so insanely heavenly to me. if you have any extra feel free to send them my way.
okay my computer is having issues. and yes, sorry 1/2 these comments are from me : )
the previous comment was about the brownies. however this pasta looks good as well. my typical pasta is like this too... veggies, olive oil, salt, pepper, parmesan and thats about it. i made ours with cauliflower this week and it was quite yummy.
hope you had fun swimming today! it is such an amazing day outside.
Post a Comment