January 3, 2011

Christmastime in LA

We returned to LA from SLC the Wednesday night before Christmas. After several hours of delays at the airport, we climbed into our own bed around 1 a.m. The next day, we switched out some sweaters for t-shirts in our suitcases, I grabbed lunch with my long-time friends Kathy and Beth Cochran, and then we were off to Ryan's parent's house for the remaining week of Ryan's break. 

Beth and her mom, Ms. Kathy. What a treat to see these ladies, especially Beth's mom. I don't think I had seen her since high school. Love you gals. Thanks for the visit!

All the cousins were around for the holiday and Westin had a blast with them. That's Grant (8) and Emery (1) in the back.

We had a fun Christmas Eve at the Rich's, filled with their traditional Christmas Eve dinner, desserts and a lovely program.

Adam, Emery, Jan, W, Ryan, Lindsay, Miranda (12), Lily (8) and Delaney (6)

 Christmas morning the kids were up bright and early... actually, it wasn't quite bright yet, just early. Grandpa, Grant, Lily, Delaney, Grandma, Gemma (3) and W.

We were so excited to see Westin's reaction to his Santa gift - this train table. To my delight, he loved it and has been playing with it nonstop! Exactly what I was hoping for. 


 Westin also got this shopping cart and grocery food from grandma and grandpa Rich

There were also a couple fun goodies in W's stocking, including a "handy-dandy notebook," similar to the one used in "Blue Clues." This turned out to be one of Westin's favorite things from Santa.

That night, Westin and I drove to Agoura for the annual Philpott Christmas party. Always one of my favorite events of the season.

Yup, that's Westin smiling

The Philpott girls: Bekki and Mandy

Other highlights of our time in Valencia:

Getting together with our friends: Jake, Deanna, Cole, Chase, Erin, Mike, Jacque and baby Luke

 Visiting our friends the Cannons

and making a new little buddy, Roman (such boys - they thought showing me the food in their mouths was hysterical)

Meeting up with Brad, Krissy and Makayla at The Americana in Glendale

Westin discovering he has pockets in his jacket

Westin learning to take pictures (backwards)

Trying a new method of walking... not a very time efficient one, however.

 Jumping from couches and beds onto a pile of pillows.

I can't believe our three week break is over. We truly had a blast with everyone and were sad to say our goodbyes yesterday. Ryan started his new quarter today and is enjoying his new class schedule that includes a couple days that don't start until 11. It's still going to be a busy few months, but at least the class schedule is starting to mimic that undergrad life we all enjoyed so much.

2 comments:

d said...

darling, and busy, post! I especially like the photo of Ro and Westin with mischievous Uncle Hadyn in the back.

Juliann said...

I CANNOT believe how much you did in 3 weeks!!! I am so impressed by your energy level! And you look so happy in all the pictures. I'm sure I would have looked like a grumpy Grinch by the end of it all. ha! But it looks like you had so much fun, and way to take advantage of the free time with Ryan!!