It's only December 3rd and we've already packed in several holiday activities... and there's much more to come. So far, we've experienced Disneyland's Christmastime, visited Santa (twice), did a Christmas sing-a-long, and decorated Christmas cookies. I've also started wrapping Christmas presents. (I couldn't help myself. I saw a package of adorable wrapping paper and bows at Target and had to get it. Then, once it was sitting in my room at home, I couldn't just sit there and stare at it. I had to start wrapping).
Earlier in the week, we joined our friends at The Grove for sing-a-long at PB Kids. While it's a little cramped in the store with all the mom, kids and strollers, the kids seem to really enjoy it.
Westin and Jade actually started dancing. In fact, little miss Jade rocked out the entire time. That's my kind of gal!
After a while, Westin discovered the bean bag and quickly ditched the dancing to relax.
Nate seemed to like the idea too.
Some of the gang
I'm so lucky to have such great friends in my life.
After the sing-a-long, we walked around and let the kids play by the fountains. Westin discovered this little water fountain and had a hayday filling up a bucket and pouring it on the flowers. He was pretty much soaked by the time we had to leave. But, hey, if it keeps 'em happy...
With a busy week next week and then leaving town next Sunday, I decided we needed to make and decorate sugar cookies before we leave. So, last night I whipped up a batch of sugar cookies and we spent the morning frosting, decorating and eating cookies. Westin, of course, started immediately eating the cookies and decorations. It took a little while for him to get the concept of decorating, but he eventually got it down and was even able to frost his own cookies.
However, it wasn't long before he started snacking again.
These are Westin's cookies. Do you notice anything similar about them all? Look closer. Yup, they all have finger prints in them from where Westin would take off the frosting and candy.
With or without fingerprints, the cookies still tasted great.















2 comments:
We had such a great time this morning! Thank you, again. You seriously are AMAZING.
Haha I love decorating sugar cookies! Nate would probably just chuck the cookie right now....so next year :) We're excited for next weekend!
Post a Comment