December 27, 2010

Christmastime in Utah Part 2

More from our trip to Utah...

We spent a morning with aunt Lindsay and cousin Gemma at Gym Cats where the kids were able to run free in a gymnastic studio. It couldn't have been a more perfect environment for W. He could run and jump as much as he wanted. We were limited to about 90 minutes, but I'm pretty sure these kiddos could have lasted much longer.

Westin and Gemma gettin' some air

Westin saw some "big boys" jumping into the foam pit from this high point and immediately wanted to try it himself. The kid is fearless.

I was too nervous to let him go from the very top, so I'd let him hang and then fall from here.



That same night we met up with our best buds, Kurt and Erika, for dinner at Pats BBQ in SLC. This place is a hidden gem. In fact, it was featured on an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network. We happened to be there on open mic night. I was worried at first that it might be too loud for W, but he absolutely loved the music. Every time a song ended, he clapped his hands and yelled, "wahoo!"

Just a funny face



After dinner, we hung out at Kurt and Erika's where Westin and their dog Gerry became great friends. Gerry loved giving Westin kisses. Here's Westin hiding from more kisses.

Watching basketball while holding a basketball... that's our boy!

Later in the week we spent an evening at the Hogle Zoo to see the Christmas lights. It was FREEZING, but we had a great time.




Checking out the monkeys (the only animals we saw all night) with gammy

Loni and Kenzie swinging W on our way out. 

We warmed up and had a great dinner at Red Butte Cafe


Sounds like that could be the end of our trip, doesn't it. Ha. It's not. I still have a three Christmas parties to blog about... and that's not even including what's been going on in LA this week! Good times!

1 comment:

Erika said...

It was SO fun to get some face time with the Riches this Christmas break. I think the three of us might miss W the most, however.