As I mentioned in my last post, this week we were able to visit Disneyland with my dad and Loni. This was a special visit not only because it was my dad and Loni's first trip to Disneyland with Westin, but it was my first time visiting Disneyland during the Christmas season and I couldn't have loved it more (well, maybe a little more if I had stayed through the evening to see the fireworks and snow on Main Street).
The decorations were superb
Westin loved looking at all the ornaments with grandpa
The park was kind of crowded at the beginning of the day, so Grandpa Steve and "Noni" first took Westin on the Carousel while I got in line for Dumbo. Based on Westin's facial expression here, the day was off to a good start...
However, for some reason the tides turned on Dumbo. I'm not sure if it was because Westin wasn't pleased with the color of Dumbo he got or because he wasn't riding with me, but this is what he looked like the entire ride...
Back in mom's arms, W was ready for the Tea Cups
As you saw in the previous post, Westin LOVED the Tea Cups. I've never seen him respond that way to a ride. He said "whoa" the ENTIRE time.
After our wild ride on the Tea Cups, it was time for Small World, a personal favorite. The decorations in Small World were fantastic.
Before lunch, we also hit up Buzz Light Year. My dad and Loni had never been on this ride and I think it may have been their favorite. I'm mean, seriously, who doesn't like to play with a lazer gun?
After lunch, we spent some time with Winnie the Pooh and went on his ride.
Then it was off to Jungle Cruise, one more try at Dumbo (which was successful this time around), and a trip through the stores on Main Street to get W his first stuffed Mickey Mouse. Unfortunately, W fell asleep just as we were getting to the stores, so he didn't get the pleasure of seeing his new Mickey until we got home.
Here's the gang hanging out by the waterfall near the Dumbo ride as I waited in line. Westin loves waterfalls.
We had a wonderful day with Grandpa Steve and Noni. Can't wait to go back next week.











1 comment:
You're awesome for taking W on the teacups. I refuse. They make me too sick. Sometimes I feel really really old. When you get sick on rides at disneyland, it's one of those times.
Post a Comment