April 29, 2010

Just had a yummy veggie sandwich from Panera. In fact, I'm totally into veggie sandwiches right now. Novel Cafe and Lazy Daisy (in Santa Monica) both have good ones (in case you're interested).

Anyway, with a full stomach and Diet Coke in hand, I'm ready to get back to work. I've been traveling this week. Left on Tuesday and will return home tomorrow (Friday) morning. This particular project has taken me to Walnut Creek (love that area!) and now I'm in Sacramento (never been, so kind of cool to check it out). I actually drove from WC to Sac Town and was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the drive was. I've enjoyed this particular project, but never get any sleep when I'm out traveling/working. I like to get all my work done while I'm on the road, so I end up working till midnight or 1 a.m. and then getting up at 7 a.m. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I like my 8 hours, thank you!

Of course right after I head out the door on Tuesday, I received a call from Ryan saying he was sick and heading home from work. I knew it was bad if he was leaving work. So he's been locked up in our room for a couple of days, while Kristen (our babysitter) has been keeping Westin busy and away from Ryan. Apparently, Westin has been going up to our bedroom door, knocking on it, and saying, "dad?, daddy?". Poor kid hasn't seen either of us all week. (I miss you, Westin!) Kristen has been staying long enough to put Westin to bed and then Ryan's dad has come early in the morning to be with W when he gets up. The good news is that Ryan is feeling better and will be completely able to disinfect and clean the sheets for me before I return tomorrow. Right, babe?

Anyway, that's just a quick life update - things are going to stay crazy-busy for the next three weeks, so I apologize now if the posting slows down.

Oh, and a few new words Westin is attempting to say:
Bubbles
Bar (for nutrigrain bar - loves those)
Moon (moooon)

No comments: