April 21, 2010

Did Someone Say Peanut Butter?

After last week's Pink Lemonade Cupcake disaster, I said I was going to bake something that I'm a little more familiar with - chocolate. Well, what I meant to say was PEANUT BUTTER. To say that I love peanut butter would be a huge understatement, but I'll say it: I LOVE peanut butter. I'm not sure there's another food (or is it a condiment?) that goes with just about every other food (i.e. apples, pretzels, oreo cookies (my sister discovered that one), bread, jam, crackers, chocolate... you get the picture). When I saw this recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake, I just HAD to give it a try. And I'm happy to report it was a much bigger success than last week's disaster.


This one is easy, but I warn you, you need to like peanut butter to enjoy this treat because it's got plenty of it. In fact, I think I would actually make it minus the chocolate chips next time. I don't think it needs them. Also, the recipe (which comes from Annie's Eats) says to bake the cake for 30-35 minutes. I baked mine for 27 minutes and it was perfect (but my oven usually bakes faster than most given bake times). Anyway, that's just a heads up.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it - how good would this be if you spread a layer of jam over the cake batter and then sprinkled the crumb topping (w/o chocolate chips) over the jam. OMG, why didn't I think of that before?

No comments: