April 16, 2010

Let the Beach Days Begin!

My dear friend Tawni and her family were in town this week and I was lucky enough to get to spend the day with them at the beach here in Santa Monica. They are here with some other friends doing the whole Disneyland thing, so getting my own day with them was HUGE! Westin hasn't been to the beach since last summer, so I was eager to see what his reaction would be. As I expected, the first part of the day he was a little hesitant to sit on the sand and to go close to the water. But, by the end of the day, he was running and rolling around in the sand and would let me get his feet wet (still not too thrilled about getting in the water - maybe because it was freezing!).

Tawni has some more pictures that I'll add to the post later, but for now, here are the ones I took:

W was non-stop on the sand. He walked up to just about every family around us to say hi.

Stella and Westin getting reacquainted

And despite ALL the beach toys Tawni and I brought, this stick that Stella found was the only thing either of them cared about.

This look came right after W got a fist full of sand in his mouth. Yum.

Westin, not letting anything or anyone (Jason) get in his way.

Tawni having a "moment" with Westin.

Tawni and me

LOVED spending time with you, Tawn. It's never enough, but I enjoy every minute of it!
I'm so excited for the weather to warm up and to spend everyday at the beach (ok, maybe not everyday, but lots of days)!

5 comments:

April said...

Oh I'm so jealous! We got Taryn a sand box but it is so not the same thing! Westin is adorable...such a boy!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to be able to go to the beach! We have to San Fransisco beach, but it is always freezing! Miss you!

The Evers Family said...

AHHHHHHHH. I am so stinking jealous. You guys are not allowed to have fun without me. Seriously. When are we getting together again???

Jason and Tawni said...

I feel like we didn't get enough time together! I am so happy that we did have a chance to see each other, the kids were so cute and I loved having you there. I love you and Westin so much, when are we going to do it again???

Juliann said...

Count your blessings that Westin is still hesitant about the ocean. The second we are at the beach, Camden heads straight in, no matter the weather, no matter what he's wearing. We'll see what this summer brings, and how often I will be going, b/c I don't like getting in the water!!