As for this weekend - we had a great time. I couldn't have been happier to get back Friday and see my boys. Ryan is feeling much better and Westin is at least an inch taller ;)
Friday was a busy day. Returning from a trip (of any kind), always is. Part of my day included baking a birthday cake. Since it was my birthday and I was making the cake... I just put two of my favorite things together for absolute taste bud bliss... chocolate and peanut butter. I did a devil's food cake with a few chocolate chips and peanut butter frosting.
A look at the layers

Tasting the frosting
(Seriously, not sure I even need the cake. A spoon and that frosting were enough for me and W)

The final product

That night we had some friends over for pizza and the Lakers' game. I attempted to get a family picture, but trying to get Westin to pose for a picture these days is about as easy as getting Kobe Bryant to pass the ball in a tie game with 10 seconds left. W sees the camera and just wants to look at the pictures on the screen. He seriously starts to go nuts the second the camera comes out.
First attempt

And now here I am trying to distract Westin and make him laugh. I'd dip him and then pull him up real quick for the picture.

This is the best we could do

Scott, Mandy and W

During the game, the boys started a little game of "H-O-R-S-E", using Westin's Fisher Price basketball hoop. Ladies, take note, this was a huge hit. You may want to consider investing in one for your significant other.
Ryan came in a close second, but couldn't quite pull of the win at the end. Sorry, babe.

Westin was pretty excited to see his friend Makayla...

and to show Krissy where her ears were.

Auntie Mandy and the kiddos

Krissy and Brad

Ryan, very carefully lighting the candles (what the picture does not show: 2 seconds later Mandy and I had to step in and get the job done because Ryan was having issues and kept getting wax all over the place - but nice try, babe)

Mandy and me - I promise, we did not call each other to plan our outfits... but had we still been in 2nd grade and it was "twin day," we sooo would have been awesome!

The next morning I had a nice run around Brentwood and then headed to my future sister-in-law's bridal shower while Westin and Ryan hung out with the Kavanaghs. Shalice will be getting married to Ryan's older brother, Trevor, in a few weeks. We're all very excited for the them and thrilled to have Shalice in the family. 

Westin was pretty excited to see his friend Makayla...

and to show Krissy where her ears were.

Auntie Mandy and the kiddos

Krissy and Brad

Ryan, very carefully lighting the candles (what the picture does not show: 2 seconds later Mandy and I had to step in and get the job done because Ryan was having issues and kept getting wax all over the place - but nice try, babe)

Mandy and me - I promise, we did not call each other to plan our outfits... but had we still been in 2nd grade and it was "twin day," we sooo would have been awesome!

The next morning I had a nice run around Brentwood and then headed to my future sister-in-law's bridal shower while Westin and Ryan hung out with the Kavanaghs. Shalice will be getting married to Ryan's older brother, Trevor, in a few weeks. We're all very excited for the them and thrilled to have Shalice in the family.
A snapshot of some of the decorations

After the bridal shower, I drove up to Moorpark to meet up with the gang. Ryan and Westin had spent the afternoon playing ping-pong and hanging out at the park with BreAnne, Trev and Nate. When I arrived, we did some shopping and dining, and then headed back to their place to get the boys to bed and watch a movie.
Before going to bed, the little ones apparently needed to get out a little more energy... so Nate decided it was time to wrestle.

Boys will be boys

Ryan also started playing around with the kids. Westin loves playing hide and go seek with the blanket...

Nate... not so much...
Going on just an hour nap and being an hour past bedtime, this kid was still a little ball of nonstop energy.

Boys will be boys

Ryan also started playing around with the kids. Westin loves playing hide and go seek with the blanket...

Nate... not so much...

Going on just an hour nap and being an hour past bedtime, this kid was still a little ball of nonstop energy.







6 comments:
happy belated! you snuck out of primary before we got to sing to you...the kids were bummed.
so that cake is what smelled heavenly at your house on friday.
richard always has more fun with sarah's bball hoop than she does. great investment as it keeps them both occupied forever! :)
Oh Court you so have such a fun life!! And so so busy! I wish we could have been there to celebrate Friday, it looks like you had fun...and Happy Birthday!! And no you don't look a day over 26 :)
Glad you had such a fun birthday! Can you believe we're 27?!?!?!?! I still keep forgetting and saying 27. Insane.
Love ya!
Beth
Oh, and that second 27 was supposed to be 26. I'm losing my mind already.
Looks like you had a great birthday girlfriend, I love your "attempts" at family pictures with Westin. It makes me happy to see that Stella is not the only one who ruins our every attempt for one decent picture of us as a family. You are one beautiful 2 year old, love you sweetie!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday! Yeah, I feel like 27 is old too.
Post a Comment