May 25, 2010

We're Moving!

Just last week while I was away on business, Ryan called to tell me we were accepted to live in the UCLA family housing apartments... and that we had to move in JUNE 1st! Yes, that's next week and I'm still in Utah through Friday. Awesome timing. Since getting a spot in this apartment community is supposedly really hard, I couldn't say no. (I say "supposedly" because we were expecting to be on a wait list for several months --- I think we lucked out because I told them we could move in ASAP... I just didn't really think they'd call and ask us to move in the following week!) Anyway, so I get back Friday and will start moving things to the new place the following Tuesday. Then we'll do the big move on Saturday. Hopefully my tactic of gradually moving things to the new place will make Saturday's move much less stressful.

We're sad to leave the place we're in now, and we're REALLY sad to be leaving our ward. I've LOVED this ward and the friends we've made. The good news is that we're only moving 10 minutes away and are definitely close enough to still see everyone.

Oh, and if you know of anyone who is looking for an apartment - this one is great (2 bedrooms, 1 bath, front yard, plenty of storage space, a great landlord and even better neighbors!)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Woohoo! How exciting! Good luck with the move next week!

jazmine said...

I AM STILL NOT ACCEPTING THE FACT THAT YOU ARE MOVING!!

Nate said...

We're done being your friends... we refuse to slum it east of the 405 so sorry.