Yesterday after my run at the gym I decided to quickly step on the scale (this is not something I do very often, but I figured I should get a good idea of where I'm at before I get into the holidays... so I know where I need to be when they're all over.) Anyway, as I stepped on, I noticed a woman standing next to me. She didn't look particularly happy. In fact, I'd say she looked a little melancholy. As I adjusted the little weight thing at the top of the scale, the lady turned toward me and said, "let me know if you think that scale is accurate." I didn't quite know what to say so I replied with a smile, "do you want it to be accurate?" She laughed and gave me a little shrug. I looked back at the scale. It was accurate. I debated with myself about what to say to this woman. I finally turned toward her and quietly said, "yeah, unfortunately it's accurate." She looked disappointed... defeated.
Should I have said it was off, skewing 10 lbs. heavy?
Probably.
October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You said the right thing. She'll have to get a grip on reality eventually, right?
Anyway, I think it is time for you guys to succumb to the peer pressure -- pack up your things and move to Utah.
haha...this is too funny! If it were me, lie...but for everyone else...you said the right thing!
Post a Comment