The night before the party we tested out how Westin would do with the head portion of his teddy bear costume. He seemed to do just fine with it while he was distracted by something else. As soon as he realized it was on his head, he ripped it off.
Here's Westin giving the teddy bear head piece a test run.

And here he is even happier after he's ripped it off.

Ok, back to the night of the party. About 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave, Westin hit his face on the leg of our kitchen table and cut his upper lip. However, we didn't even realize he had hurt himself because he didn't cry or seem upset (such a tough kid!). It wasn't until he started chewing on a toy that I saw blood... and a lot of it! He continued to act as if everything was fine and didn't start to cry until Ryan and I tried to pin him down to clean up the mess and check the cut to make sure it wasn't going to be the cause of our first emergency room visit... thank heavens, it wasn't.
We finally got everything under control and headed off to the party. Like I said earlier, Emily is an awesome hostess and threw a stellar party. Here is the table of goodies. Each of the items had a Halloween themed name.


The one problem with the night was that it was typical October night in California (75 degrees) and Westin's teddy bear costume was made for a typical October night in Utah. We took a bunch of pictures as soon as we got to the party so Westin could get out of the costume and breath. This Halloween test run was a good thing because now I'm thinking we may have to do another costume next week if it's still this hot here.
Yes, Ryan and I are lame and didn't dress up. Get over it. We wanted the focus to be on W (either that or I'm lazy and didn't come up with anything for us).

Westin with his pal Vivienne, the turtle.

Ryan and Westin with the men of the Ames' house, Brian (Hook) and Charlie (Peter Pan). And Emily was Wendy - she made all their costumes and did such a cute job. I need to learn how to sew.

After the party, we took Westin over to Cafe Montana to meet up with Ryan's parents and his brother Trevor who was in town for an interview. Then on Saturday we decided to skip the ward Trunk or Treat to watch the BYU game... that was a mistake! BYU had an embarrassing loss to TCU. In fact, it was so bad, Ryan turned it off after the first quarter. We ended up leaving Westin with Ryan's parents and headed to dinner and a movie. So the night wasn't a complete loss.
Today at our weekly Sunday dinner at Ryan's parent's house, grandma and grandpa brought out the slide for Westin to try for the first time, and it was a huge hit. Westin can't climb up the ladder but would wiggle out of grandpa's arms the second he was on top so he could slide down on his own. Here are some shots from his adventures on the slide.






3 comments:
What a fun weekend. Westin looks so dang cute in his costume. I hope his lip is okay now, he's a tough kid. We missed seeing you guys!
No way, Westin is the cutest bear I have ever seen. I just want to squeeze him!
- & Saturday's performance was disappointing to say the least.
Oh MY!! What a cute little Teddy Bear!!!
Post a Comment