October 5, 2009

Grandma Comes to Visit

This weekend my mom came in town for a visit. Kenzie had some time off school, so my mom drove down with Kenzie and our cousin Samantha on Thursday. Kenzie and Sam headed straight up to my dad's to hang with him for the weekend and we had the pleasure having my mom as our house guest. I did a horrible job taking pictures, so I apologize mom, that I don't have any of you and W :(

Friday morning I took my mom to the most intense and awesome kick boxing class. It's actually not even at the gym I go to, but it's so great that I make the 20 minute trek to another gym specifically for it. It was a great way to start off the weekend since most of the weekend was spent baking and eating.

After our workout, we spent the rest of the day just enjoying time with Westin and trying out some new recipes. That night my mom was kind enough to babysit while Ryan and I went to dinner. We decided to go somewhere new and somewhere we wouldn't really be able to go with Westin - which lead us to the Hollywood restaurant, Ketchup. As you probably guessed by the name, this place is known for their different ketchup flavors and their twist on American classics. We ate way to much, but loved every bite. The location was cool - right in the middle of Hollywood, with the Hollywood Hills in the background. Unfortunately, you can't see them in the picture.

Is it just me or do we both look super tired? What happened to us? We used to hang with the best of them and now we can't even make it past 9 p.m. Sad!

Saturday my mom had some stuff to do on her own, so after a morning walk, Ryan, Westin and I spent most of the day together watching General Conference and visiting our friends Abby & Nate.

Just a funny picture of W

Westin loved climbing on my mom's suitcase. He likes climbing on just about anything.

Sunday was another lazy day. I made Ryan's parent's chocolate chip scones (so delish!) and we watched more General Conference. After conference, my mom and I drove up to Agoura with Westin to say hi to some friends, while Ryan spent the afternoon working on b-school applications and watching the Dodgers clinch the division.
Was able to snap a picture of food, but not of my mom while she was here. Wow, I'm an awesome daughter.

Now it's Monday and everyone is gone. My mom and the girls left early this morning and Ryan took off for a couple days for another work trip. Nothing much planned for the week expect a couple Dodger playoff games. Ryan and I are going on Wednesday night. Hopefully we can pull off something great this year!!!

No comments: