October 19, 2009

Another Goodbye

Apparently there's something in the water here that's making people (namely, my family) think Utah is a better place to live than California. My mom and Kenzie moved to Draper at the end of summer, and now my dad and Loni are headed to North Salt Lake next week. Seriously, what's going on? Need I remind them of all the wonderful things about LA? Like that LA winters consist of blue skies, 70 degrees, and NO SNOW! Or that we have beaches, palm trees and year round tans (not me, but most people). Or that we have the Dodgers and the Lakers. Or that their favorite child lives here (sorry C/T/K - but it's time to accept it and move on ;-). But I certainly don't have to remind them that their only grandchild lives here... cause it would be crazy for anyone to move away from their only grandchild, right?

Yeah, well, they're doing it anyway. All kidding aside, I'm excited for them and happy that my dad will be close to my sister. Plus, grandpa already said he'd be flying Westin up there, and Westin will clearly need an adult chaperon, so I guess that means I get to go too.

So Saturday we stopped by to say goodbye. Most of the house was already packed, so Westin had a blast climbing up boxes and crawling around the big empty spaces. But what he enjoyed most was climbing up the stairs and bouncing along the railing. It's amazing how easily amused kids are.

Westin did this for about 15 minutes straight. The kid has endless energy. Mom and dad do not.

After a little visit, we let them get back to packing and we headed out to watch the BYU game with BreAnne and Trev.

I know we'll be seeing them soon and fairly often, but it's still sad that they're leaving. We'll miss you guys!!!

2 comments:

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Ha i love that video! I sure look forward to when Nate can entertain himself like that:) Thanks for coming up on Saturday, sorry it had to be cut short. I love that book you let me borrow, it has so many helpful hints on sleeping!

Chandra said...

Seriously! It's like we're the only ones left! Let's get together and make everyone else jealous! I know!! We'll go to the beach in November, that'll really get 'em!