August 17, 2008

Ryan's Happy Place

I'm sure you're thinking it's on the couch in front of the new flat screen, but Ryan's true happy place is actually two places... Dodgers Baseball and BYU Football. Currently, the Dodgers are still working on securing a spot in the playoffs and college football is gearing up for the season to begin in less than a month. I don't know if there's a time of year Ryan enjoys more. Recently, BYU football has received a lot of media attention, and it's not for players breaking the honor code. This time, BYU football is being recognized for having a great organization with a legit team. Head coach, Bronco Mendenhall, was just named one of college football's up and coming coaches by Fox Sports. All of this media face time and good word is definitely getting Ryan excited for the season to start. Ryan also has a special place in his heart for BYU football because he worked on the coaching staff for two seasons while we were at school. Needless to say, BYU football will always be in our lives.

Sometimes I wonder how men can love their sports teams so much... I mean, it's just a game, right? Ha, if only! As a wife of a man who has played just about every sport other than underwater basketweaving, a daughter of a BYU basketball alum and a sister of brothers who also live and breathe all things basketball... I can assure you that it's not just a game, it's a way of life. Yesterday I found Ryan watching this video montage of BYU football. He was glued to the computer screen, kind of like when an infant finds a ceiling fan for the first time - completely mesmerized.

Here's the link to the video. Make sure you watch with your volume turned up - otherwise you won't get the same effect. Oh, and you may need some tissues.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqd7g_the-answered-prayer_sport

I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I watched Ryan watch this video. I dare say that moments like watching John Beck throw a winning touchdown against the University of Utah are up there on the list with our wedding... some may go a little above.

In other sports news, Ryan and I went to the Dodgers game last night and were sorely disappointed when our boys had several chances to beat Milwaukee and they blew it. And Manny didn't get anything more than a single! Of course, the game I go to is a bust. Now as we're watching today's game, Manny hits a homerun and we're already up 3-0. Ridiculous.

1 comment:

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Hey Courtney! Your blog is so adorable, you inspired me to start mine :) I loved your last comment about Ryan's happy place. Trevor read that and got all excited since we will be up there right in time for college football to start. Him and Ryan can bond while you and I go out and shop or something! We're looking forward to being able to see more of you guys. It's coming fast!