August 15, 2008

Fun Pregnancy Moment

Pregnancy is quite the interesting 9 months of one's life (as many of you already know). While I still have 4 months to go, it doesn't take one very long to learn (and experience) the fun (and not-so-fun) stuff about pregnancy. The fun stuff... food indulgences, shopping for new clothes, starting to feel the connection between you and your baby, finding out the gender of the baby, starting to plan and prepare for the baby, picking out a baby name, etc. I'll spare you the not-so-fun stuff.

Among all of these things, one of my favorite experiences (so far) has been feeling the baby kick. It started just about a week or two ago and has not let up since. Based on this kid's movements, and the placement of all the movements, I'm gonna bet we have an athlete on our hands (or a dancer... ). I decided to log this entry because of the kicking war that just took place in my body. This was the hardest I've felt the baby kick and let me tell you... he went to town. I can't wait for him to get big enough for Ryan to see and feel the movements because it's one of the craziest and coolest experiences. It's just one of those things that makes this baby thing all the more real -especially for the guys, I would think.

Anyway, just a fun first-time pregnancy moment...

4 comments:

Erika said...

I am hoping for a little dancer. I would like to see Ryan react to his first born enjoying the ballet more than a Dodger game.

Kurt said...

Ryan you need to put an end to this dancer nonsense, even if it's a joke.

Chrissie said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! This is so exciting! You will be a great mother! So happy for you guys!

April said...

That is so exciting! Just wait until he gets bigger and starts kicking your ribs! Then the serious wars begin. Zac used to love feeling her kick- it really is amazing. Such a neat experience for the two of you to share together.