Though I don't have any pictures to share, I thought you'd all still love to read about our weekend. So here we go...
The weekend started off with a little frustration as I waited after hours at work for some video from a client that never came. Glad I didn't hold my breath. After the parking lot started to get a little bare, I decided that I needed to go home and start enjoying the weekend. I picked Ryan up and we headed over to West Hollywood to see our friends' new apartment near The Grove. We joined them for pizza and the Lakers game... and as you all know... it turned out to be a great night for us Laker fans.
Despite having to do some heavy cleaning on Saturday morning, the day turned out to be great. After I cleaned, Ryan and I walked over to the Farmer's Market on 3rd Street. I love going there and getting fresh fruit. It was the first week of peaches, but we decided not to get any (thanks to Ryan's mom's advice - she's a farmer's market pro and says to wait another 2-3 weeks before getting peaches). After the market, Ryan and I grabbed our beach chairs and towels and headed to the beach to relax and work on our tan. We only stayed for a couple hours, but it was enough to get Ryan a little sun burned. I couldn't believe how hot it was here over the weekend. It was around 80 in Santa Monica and above 100 in the valleys. For May, that's too hot.
Doug and Jan were in town with their kids for the weekend, so we had dinner at Ryan's parent's house on Sunday and enjoyed some time with the kids before they took off to go back to San Francisco that evening.
Now it's back to another week of work (sigh). The good news is that Ryan and I are taking Friday off this week to spend some time with our friends Kurt and Erika who are coming in to town. So that means we will have two 4-day weeks in a row! Awesome!
May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok, I have many things to say. First of all, that weekend does sound like a lot of fun, I love going to Farmer's Markets, they are the best. Secondly, you have total gloating rights about the Lakers. I am disappointed to say that we are out of the playoffs and am even more heartbroken that we lost to the Lakers on our turf (ughhh) but they won fair and square. Moving on. Your birthday pictures are too cute! I LOVE THAT DRESS, you look amazing and I think your head is normal sized, you just have more hair than Mandy. Either way, big head or little, you are still hot so who really cares? I love you tons and I hope that you have a great day!!!
T minus 52 hours!
Post a Comment