Today is my mom's X birthday (as the good daughter that I am, I will not divulge her true age). Happy birthday, mom! Being such a special day, I thought I'd spend just a minute giving her a little tribute on our blog. Besides mother's day, how often do we really tell our moms how great they are and how grateful we are for all that they do for us. When I was a teenager I used to anticipate the day that I wouldn't have to rely on my mom - not that I didn't want to - but I looked forward to the day of independence and being my own woman. Ha! Little did I know that I would be depending on my mom more and more as I got older. Seriously, what would I do without my mom to tell me how to get an ink stain out of our countertop, or how to make homemade carmel popcorn, or what to do when one of my young women (at the ripe age of 12) already has a boyfriend? I'd be lost. I'm incredibly lucky to have the mom I have, and I'm even more lucky to have such an awesome relationship with her. I realize this and thank my Heavenly Father each day. Thank you, mom, for always being there to help me solve life's problems. I can't wait for you to come visit next weekend and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that you're moving back.
(I apologize that I don't have any recent pictures, mom. For some reason I don't have recent pix saved on my computer-they're all printed and in my scrapbook. We'll have to take some new ones this weekend.)


Left: my 23rd birthday
Right: either my mom's birthday or mother's day 2005 (I only know the year because of my hair color, but the month is a hard one to pin down)
1 comment:
Wow. How fun to be on your blog. And although the pictures aren't my favorites, at least they're a step up from the last pictures posted of me making stupid faces in a video. Oh well, no harm being silly.
Thank you for the tribute. You can't possibly know how much it means to me...how much you mean to me...and how much I miss you. I'm counting down the days until I'm there for the weekend and then there, period.
It may sound hokey, but truly, truly it's been my pleasure to be your mother. I'm just so very grateful for all that you've brought to my life and so grateful to be able to share everything from recipes to memories of stinking cheese in Paris.
I'll love you forever.
Mom
Post a Comment