March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

It was a weekend full of family fan. The first part of the weekend was spent with my mom doing some much needed mother-daughter bonding... lunch and shopping. I took Friday afternoon off from work so we could enjoy as much time together as possible. We ate at The Farm and shopped till we dropped at the Topanga Mall. That night we met up with Ryan and Torsten for dinner on Main St. in Santa Monica. I'm pretty sure this trip confirmed their decision to move back. It couldn't have been a nicer weekend - mid 70's, clear skies, and the scent of the ocean... how can you resist?The second part of the weekend was spent with my dad, Loni and Kenz. My dad spoke in his ward on Easter Sunday and Loni conducted the choir program - so it was pretty much the Steve and Loni show - and they did a great job. That after noon we watched the college basketball tourney, along with the Lakers game and golf. The guys clearly had a great day!

Oh, and of course there was a ton of great food. In fact, I think my dad was getting a little territorial with some chips and dip in this picture.


At first glance this may seem like a sweet picture, but if you could see to the right of the picture you would see that Ryan is actually smiling at the Lakers game, not me. It's almost been 3 years of marriage, it was only a matter of time.






2 comments:

Jason and Tawni said...

I am laughing outloud right now. That picture of you and Ryan at the bottom where he appears to be smiling at you is soooooo funny! I loved it! Guys never change huh? The GNO looks like fun and seeing all the pictures of food is making me hungry. But since I no longer have the excuse of being pregnant I can't just go eat right now. Hello, it's 4am. Oh wait, speaking of food, I have to go feed Stella. Ooops! (PS Your hair looks sooo good!)(PPS I can't believe your schedule for April!)

Greg said...

I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.