May 6, 2012

29 and Feeling FINE!

I had a birthday last week. I'm 29-years-old... emphasis on the "old" :) Ok, not really that old, I guess. When you look at the lifespan at the women in the Carlston/Williams families, I'm on the road to my 90s. So really, 29 is still very young if I look at the big picture. Or at least I'm going to keep telling myself that.


This year I had a wonderful birthday. Ryan and Westin do a great job of spoiling me. The morning started off with some cards and gifts. Westin handed me his card first. Inside was a picture of what looked liked a cross between a scuba diver and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Since I know Westin doesn't know what the Ninja Turtles are, my best guess was a superhero of some sort, since there was a mask. 


Me: "Westin, I love this picture of the superhero!"
Westin: (In a very disappointed, disapproving tone) "It's supposed to be Spidermand, but dad isn't a very good drawer."


Hahaha. Maybe you had to be there to experience Westin's tone and facial expression, but it was priceless.


After looking at the card, Westin gave me his gift - my very own squirt gun! Ryan had taken him to Target to pick out a gift for me. Ryan told him he could get me whatever he wanted... apparently, it was a toss up between a sand shovel and the squirt gun. I'm glad the squirt gun won.

Ryan had to go to school for a little bit, so Westin and I joined some friends at Disneyland. I like to think of it as my birthday party :) We celebrated with donuts...

pretending to find pirate gold

and having lots of screams on the "big boy" rollercoasters


After a lot of fun, including an exciting ride with Westin and Eli on Big Thunder Mountain, we headed home. I dropped Westin off with some friends, and headed to campus to pick Ryan up from school to head off to the Coldplay Concert at The Hollywood Bowl. The concert was nothing short of amazing. I'd go back today if I could.

A-MAZE-ING!

1 comment:

Megan said...

happy birthday!! i'm so glad we were able to party it up at disneyland with you : ).