May 6, 2012

Busy Week

This week was a busy one. In addition to a work project I had here in LA on Tuesday and the birthday celebrations on Wednesday, we also attended the BYU Management Society Speaker Series where my dad was speaking, Mandy's nursing school graduation, her graduation party and our friend's wedding. The calendar is never that packed and the old person growing inside of me is definitely feeling the side effects. I think I could have stayed in bed all day today. (Such a nice day dream).
-
Thursday, my dad spoke to a group of about 50 people at the NBC studios. He spoke about new media and his strategy for taking NBC to the number one spot in the LA market. Very interesting stuff!


Friday afternoon, Westin and I were able to attend Mandy's nursing school graduation at Mt. Saint Mary's. (btw - gorgeous campus). I'm so proud of her!

Congratulations, Mandy! 

Then on Saturday, Westin and I met grandpa Rick at the Farmer's Market in Santa Monica. We shopped around a little and then Westin was off to spend the day with grandma and grandpa while Ryan and I party hopped from Mandy's graduation party to our friend Sara's wedding.
-
Sara is one of Ryan's closest friends from high school. They had a beautiful wedding in Camarillo.

We always love a great wedding, and the chance to catch up with friends.


This week won't really be any less crazy, now that I look at it. We're looking forward to a Dodger game tomorrow night with my dad and Loni, and then I'm off to NYC for work on Wednesday, will fly from there to SLC on Friday night for about 24 hours to attend my grandma Margaret Carlston's funeral. She passed away just a week ago, and we've planned the funeral so that the entire family can be there. It will be quite the celebration of her wonderful life and the legacy she left behind. 


I can't even tell you how excited I am for next Sunday. Not because it's Mother's Day, but because the schedule we've been keeping up will finally slow down. 

1 comment:

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Wow you guys have been busy! You look gorgeous in that coral dress.
So fun that your dad spoke! Trevor and my brother said it was good :)

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Good luck in NYC next week.