After finishing my work in New York, I flew straight to SLC for my grandma Margaret's funeral the next day. I got in around midnight, and Chris, Kenzie and I headed straight to iHop - which was closed, so we then headed straight to Denny's. Sounds delish right? Not sure why we thought this was a cool idea - maybe Chris and I are just a little envious of Kenzie's college lifestyle and maybe we were kind of wanting to relive it by pulling an all-nighter. Ha! As if this old mom could do that. By 3 a.m. I told Kenzie I couldn't hack it anymore and headed to bed. And one thing I didn't really consider in this awesome plan was my internal alarm clock that typically goes off between 6:30 and 7 a.m... every morning. So yeah, I was feeling a little sleep deprived the next morning when I was awake with the sun. What I wouldn't give to sleep in like a college student again...
After a nice workout and McDonald's $1 Diet Coke run (why don't we have that in Cali?), it was time to meet up with the family for grandma's funeral.
Just missing T
Quick lunch stop at Kneaders (also miss this place!)
Kenz, Trev, my dad and Chris
Memories of my sweet grandma
My dad and his siblings: oldest brother on the far left, Dennis, older sister, Kathy, twin sister, Sue and older brother, Greg
The service was absolutely lovely. My dad and his siblings all shared stories about my grandma and the truly wonderful life she lived.
And before I headed back to LA, I got to spend a little time with this cute new mama, Kacey.
Quick trip and then it was back to LA that night to reunite with the boys.







No comments:
Post a Comment