May 11, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That

Just sitting in the JFK airport, waiting for my flight to SLC. I should be doing work, but I'm tired, there's no Diet Coke around (only Pepsi - gag), and posting sounds like a way better idea than being productive. I also feel like I need to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi JetBlue provides in their terminal. Side note, this is my first time flying JetBlue. Pretty excited. 


I've been in NYC for work, and head to SLC tonight for my grandma's funeral tomorrow. I'll be there just a day and fly to LA right after the service. My grandma Margaret was such an incredible woman, and lived a long (96 years), fabulous life. A few fun facts: she was the first EVER homecoming queen at the U of U (we just have to ignore the fact that it was the U ), and she was also a substitute teacher till the age of 80... and even then, her students thought she was a "cool" sub. I look forward to celebrating her, her life, and the legacy she leaves behind.
Grandma, we'll miss you!

A couple other things to catch up on... we took Westin to another Dodger game this week. We met up with my dad, Loni and Ryan's brother Adam to cheer on the blue against the Giants. Westin was very excited to return to Dodger statium. As we got ready to leave, he grabbed his mitt, bat and ball. He was basically prepared to run on the field and play with the team if they called his name. In fact, he actually did think he was going to play on the field and was beyond disappointed when we told him that only the professional baseball players were allowed to play that night. His reply, "but mom, I'm a real baseball player too!" What I wouldn't give to watch Westin run the bases on the Dodger's field. Maybe someday...


Watching Westin at the game was hilarious. He stood up almost the entire time, jumping up and down and cheering every time the Dodgers did well. He would also pretend to pitch when the pitcher did, and he would yell "booo" and "you're out" to the Giants. So, of course we loved that... and we won, which is always a happy ending!

Also this week, Mandy was able to watch Westin for us on Wednesday when I took off for work. I love how excited she was to hang with him. It just made me smile. And I was so excited for W. Mandy had a really fun day at the Long Beach Aquarium planned. That morning Westin kept talking about seeing the little sharks and putting his hand in the water. Looks like he also got a special Aunt Mandy ice cream treat at the end of the day. Lucky boy!
Thanks, Mandy!!!

3 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

Can I just take a moment to tell you how lovely you are? Seriously, in every picture I think, somehow Courtney is getting prettier as the rest of us are slowly sliding down the frumpy hill.

I hope you have an absolutely lovely mother's day!

Courtney said...

Kacey, you made this girl's day. Thank you for the kind words!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.