April 29, 2012

Moving Anxiety and Pics

During a time that I'd actually like life to move slowly, it's flying by faster than I even realize. I'm shaking my head as I look at the calendar and see that we're two days away from May. I could have sworn we just accepted Ryan's job offer yesterday (which was actually February), but now it's already time to set up movers. Ah! I'm starting to freak out a little (a lot). I can't even talk about the number of times I've started getting emotional as I think about leaving our friends and family. (Like... it happens quite frequently. Yeah, no worries. I'm going to be a complete wreck when the move is actually here.) To top off that ever-building anxiety, it seems that we just hit the point in our married life that everything needs replacing or fixing... couch, bed, TV, cars, the wrinkles under my eyes... not kidding, the list just keeps getting bigger and bigger. 


Deep breath... 


Two more months. Going to make the most of it!


Ok, now with that babbling out of the way, here are a few random pictures of life lately.

POOL DAYS
Another benefit I've come to appreciate from Westin growing out of his naps... we get to spend more time at the pool. This is Westin with his buddy, Austin, in a squirt gun battle.

AFTERNOONS AT THE PARK
Picnic lunch with friends at the park - Audrey, Bennett, Linus, and Abe.

DISNEYLAND
Big moment at Disneyland recently - Westin went on Splash Mountain for the first time, and LOVED it. His exact words were, "Mom, that was even better than Star Tours!" Ryan also took him back this past week while I was out for work, and Westin made him go on it three times. Ryan also took him on Big Thunder Mountain, but Westin wasn't as wild about that one. He said the tunnels were too dark and scary. (Yup, still using the rain boots to get that extra half inch to meet height requirements. Best part, the day W rode Splash Mountain for the first time, it was about 75 degrees and he was in shorts and rain boots.)

BEST FRIENDS
These two together make me smile. 

SWEET MOMENTS
I was off in Philadelphia this past week for work. I wasn't gone long, but I'm always eager to get home... not a big mystery why.

1 comment:

Megan said...

we are having anxiety about you leaving too.

and i love that collage of westin and eli. they really are the cutest buds ever.