April 8, 2012

Easter and Other Fun

We had a really nice Easter Sunday today. Westin found his Easter basket filled with goodies, I prepped for our Easter dinner, we had a great meeting at church and then were joined by my dad, Loni and Adam for dinner and dessert.
-
Westin got a couple new toys and a lots of candy. He got through two eggs before I could even tell him he could only have candy from one. Oh well... the  joy of holidays.

We didn't have a big group over, but I couldn't decide between these two desserts and just ended up making both. The one on the left is a Dulce de Leche Banana Toffee Pie and the other one is a Orange, Ginger Carrot Cake with White Chocolate Frosting.
Both desserts were fabulous. I'm typically not a carrot cake person. I actually decided to make one because Loni really likes them and it's Easter, so I felt like I should. I searched for a while, but kept seeing carrot cakes with nuts, raisins and cream cheese frosting... all stuff I had before and wasn't wild about. I finally found this cake recipe from Sweetapolita and knew it was for me. The flavor and texture of the cake was fantastic and I thought the frosting was a great complement to it. Sometimes the cream cheese frosting can be overwhelming. 

Also this weekend, we helped my dad and Loni move into their new Studio City house. Grandpa and Loni gave W his Easter presents early. He got a new baseball mitt and some new clothes. I loved the new clothes and Westin loved the new mitt. Total win, win!

On Friday, I got to spend the day with these lovely ladies doing some Bridesmaid dress shopping for Kirsten's wedding.

Best moment of the day was seeing Kirsten try on her dress. Of course, I can't post a picture of it just yet, so I blurred it out :)

And love these two women beyond words - Kirsten's mom, Kim, and Mandy's mom, Margaret. They're just the best!

1 comment:

Kenz said...

OK Court, the picture of you all trying on the dresses..I am absolutely OBSESSED. You are stunning.