While at Disneyland, we finally decided to go over to Tom Sawyer's Island (which is now apparently called Pirate's Lair - which is so lame and I'll always call it Tom Sawyer's Island). Westin had a blast exploring the island.
It was a different experience skateboarding this time around. Not only did Westin get his very own helmet, he was much more confident in his abilities... sometimes a little over confident. He liked my dad's long board and actually got pretty good and just pushing with his foot (never lifting it off the ground to balance though).
He also learned to ride on his knees and went down the hill a few times like this.
A few more visits to the skate park and he'll be riding like a pro ;)
We worked up a big appetite, and headed to Novel Cafe for lunch when we were done in Venice. Yum!
In other news, Ryan has had ANOTHER ear infection. I think he's gotten them more than some children. In fact, the doctor was saying it's pretty uncommon for adults to get them at all. Well, after Ryan was sick for a while, his ears started hurting - so much so that at 1 a.m. last Saturday morning, he drove himself to the urgent care to get some kind of relief. Unfortunately, the doctor on call was no UCLA doctor we're used to and didn't even give Ryan the right prescription. So over the weekend he felt horrible and his hearing actually started diminishing quite a bit (that part was kind of funny - to me - I felt like I was living with an 80-year-old. Poor guy was seriously part deaf... still kind of is at the moment). We gave up on the urgent care meds and Ryan saw a real doctor yesterday who told him he had an intense ear infection (Ryan said she said he was "messed up," but I'm not sure those would have been her exact words). Either way, he was in bad shape and ended up with not one, but three prescriptions to hopefully fix everything going on. So if you've talked to Ryan over the past four days and he's seemingly ignored several of your comments, just know that it's because he can't hear you... or so he says ;)











1 comment:
Mitch did the same thing. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and he was gone. He came back a few hours later and said he was at urgent care. Men. I so would have woken him up and made him drive me. :)
Post a Comment