This is firefighter Jeff explaining to the kids the different parts of the fire truck.
At one point, the firefighter asked the kids if they were firefighters, and Westin quickly replied, "No, I'm Spiderman the fireman." Good to know that first and foremost his identity is still Spiderman.
Westin said shooting the water out of the fire hose was his favorite part of the trip.
I also enjoyed my turn at it, but not as much as I enjoyed riding down the fire pole inside. Westin thought it was pretty cool to see his mom come down the pole after the firefighters.
Taking a look at Jeff in all his gear...
and then each kid also had a chance to put on the full gear
Needless to say, they were pretty stoked about it
Everyone also had a chance to sit in the truck and wear the firefighters' headphones
This was such a fun experience, we will definitely be doing it again someday.
That comment about Spiderman reminded me of one Westin made at church the other day. Yup, Spiderman at church. I'm so proud.
I was teaching Sharing Time in the primary and asked each of the kids to come to the front of the room and tell us how they choose the right (our theme for the year). After hearing some of the kids say, "I choose the right by saying my prayers," or "I choose the right by listening to my mom," it was Westin's turn... and here's his response:
"I choose the right by fighting the bad guys like Spiderman!"
This was followed by about two minutes of Westin detailing how he fights the bad guys. I couldn't stop him because I had to turn my head so I wouldn't start laughing.
Hey, at least he's got the right idea :)










No comments:
Post a Comment