January 23, 2012

Wicked Awesome Girls' Weekend

After a long week of traveling for work, I was lucky enough to have three of my best friends come to town for a quick girls' weekend. It really was quick - about 48 hours - but we managed to take advantage of every minute together and had loads of fun.
-
Everyone arrived Thursday night while I was still working. I didn't get home until about 10:30 and couldn't help but find myself nearly running up our stairs and down the hallway to get inside and give the girls hugs. (It was like a kid on Christmas morning. Seriously. I'm that cheesy and love my friends that much).
-
I've known these fabulous girls since 5th grade when I lived in Salt Lake. We have so many memories to laugh about... and we stayed up till about 3 a.m. that first night reminiscing over many of them. The 7 a.m. wake up of my child the next morning was like getting hit by a train. I'm learning more and more that I'm not 18 anymore. Bouncing back for an entire week of little sleep is getting harder and harder. But it was well worth it - I wanted as much time with the girls as I could get. 
-
Friday morning Ryan packed up Westin and headed to his parents' house for the next 36 hours, leaving us girls to really enjoy a girls' weekend. We started with breakfast and shopping in Santa Monica. 
-
Allie, Kristi and Tawni


It's not truly a girls' trip if you don't try on silly hats...

...or pick out random outfits for each other
Thank you, Allie for this hot number. Unfortunately, we couldn't bring accessories into the dressing room which would have made all of these outfits that much more exciting - case in point, Allie wanted me to wear at least three flower bows in my hair, purple high heels, and a gigantic gaudy necklace. 

Allie was dressed by Kristi

I outfitted Tawni (again, missing some key accessories that really would have made this one a hot number)
And Kristi was lame and wouldn't let us snap a picture. Booo.

After shopping, we returned to my place to get prepped for dinner and Wicked. We dined at The Farm in Beverly Hills and then grabbed cupcakes at Crumbs around the block.




After dinner and dessert, it was time for Wicked. Allie and Tawni hadn't seen the Walk of Stars, so we snapped a couple pictures there.

Then off to Pantages for one of the best shows I've ever seen.
We all LOVED Wicked

Always laughter with this group

Saturday we slept in and then I made these Blueberry Yogurt Multigrain Pancakes (which turned out delicious and will definitely get a repeat performance) before we headed off to get pedicures as our last hurrah. 



After pedicures, it was time for everyone to pack up and head home. It really was too quick, but we were just excited to finally be all together again. Thanks for coming to visit, ladies. Love you!

3 comments:

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Love your bangs!! Looks like such a fun weekend.

Tauna said...

I love the BANGS!!!

Allie said...

It's sad that it has taken me this long to come and read your blog (sorry for all the comments too). That was such a fun trip. Best ever!! When we planning the next? Let's get on that.