-
The week leading up to our departure to Utah was insane. I had just finished Westin's birthday party and then had about four days of work here in LA before Westin and I hopped on a 6 a.m. flight Friday morning. That week, Ryan was also out of town for a couple of the days. So I basically slept for about four hours the night before we left trying to get everything packed and put together for our trip. Needless to say, I felt like a complete zombie that first day.
-
After unpacking and letting Westin nap at my mom's house, Kenzie and I took him to Classic Skating to meet up with Allie, Easton, Creighton and Jackson. I don't know how I walked out of there without any pictures (so, Allie, if you have one, will you send it to me? Thanks.). The boys had a great time, and I always love any time I get with Allie (and so excited that she's coming to visit with Tawni and Kristi to go see Wicked!).
-
The weekend was spent getting things ready for Christmas. With my mom working like crazy these days, we needed to help her catch up on a few things - groceries, presents, wrapping and getting the tree up.
-
Here's my cute mom setting up the tree
Meanwhile, Kenzie and I worked on wrapping gifts
That night, I made the Sweetapolita Campfire Cake for Chris' birthday (he turned 30! omg, he's old!)
Chris also wanted to include Westin in the birthday celebration, but Westin was not having it. During the "Happy Birthday" song, Chris kept adding Westin's name and W was so upset. He kept saying, "No! It's not my birthday. It's your birthday, Chris!"
One random afternoon while waiting for my mom's car to get washed, we walked over to McDonald's to grab some food for Westin. On his kid's meal box, we found this mustache... and who wouldn't be able to resist playing with it and taking pictures?
Throughout the trip I got to use my creative juices to come up with some new hair styles for Kenz. Here's some of what I came up with.
We may be adults now, but that doesn't mean we don't still like to act like children :)
My super cute Santa
The first Monday night we were there, we attended the annual our Old Mill Christmas Party. This is a group of our friends from when we lived in SLC over 16 years ago. They've been doing this party for as long as I can remember. After dinner, we put together a secret Santa present for a family.
We barely saw Westin that night. He was busy playing "office" with these cute girls.
My good friend, Kristi
Tuesday night, we hit up a BYU basketball game with Kurt and Erika.
I think we all loved being back in the Marriott Center, reliving the glory days of college. We really should have ended the night with a shake in the Cannon Center.
Throughout the week, we also got some time on the slopes. Right when Ryan flew in on Monday, he and his brother Adam went straight to Park City for a day of snowboarding. Then on Thursday, Trevor and Shalice joined them to learn how to ski. They did a lesson in the morning and then had some time in the afternoon to practice.
Thursday night we celebrated my Aunt Kathy's 60th birthday with a surprise party. My cousin Chase (not pictured) was getting married later that week, so almost all the Carlstons were in town and it was so fun to see everyone. Here's Joe, Leah, Jenna, Monroe and Kenzie.
Sometimes I worry about this kid... and I don't mean baby Aspen
Joe and Kelsi with Grandma Margaret
On our way to the new Mission Impossible movie
On the boys' second day of ski lessons, Kenzie and I joined them at Brighton. I had not been skiing in about ten years and was honestly a bit nervous to return to the mountain. After a chat with Santa and a couple easy runs, I got my groove back and absolutely loved skiing again.
It was about ten degrees, but completely clear and stunning from the top of the mountain.
So that takes us through the first week... two more to go :)

























1 comment:
LOoks like so much fun!! Courtney you are so cute!
Post a Comment