December 22, 2011

Enjoying the Break

Been in Utah for almost a week, and while we're freezing our little (getting bigger thanks to the holiday treats) butts off, we're having a blast. Ryan is up at Brighton today with his brothers learning to ski (they all snowboard). I'm looking forward to joining them tomorrow. I haven't skied in about ten years, but am hoping it's like jumping back on a bike... and if it's not, well, it will make for a comical adventure and at least I'll fit in with the boys (who could likely be better than me at that point). 


Westin is missing his Rich cousins back in LA, but Chris, Trevor and Kenzie have been doing their best to make up for the lack of cousins on the Carlston side. In fact, they're doing such a good job of entertaining him, Westin often wakes up and asks to play with one of them before even saying hi to Ryan or me. Westin is also enjoying his little pal, Sage - who he is often chasing around the house or trying to play hide-and-go seek with.


And of course, we've been doing the typical Christmas activities - baking, shopping, and wrapping presents. Just this morning I was wrapping presents with Westin by my side singing "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer." While singing it, Westin would point to me at certain moments in the song and then it would be my turn to fill in. I loved it. We must have sang the song at least a dozen times. 


I heart Christmastime.

No comments: