December 10, 2011

Westin Turns THREE!

Westin is three years old! As my good friend Quincy from Little Einsteins would say, "I cannot believe it!".  Seriously, I can't. Life with this little boy is just flying by and I hope I'm cherishing it as much as I should be. He's so grown up and is becoming more and more independent. I hear the phrase, "Mom, I can do it myself" at least a dozen times each day. I've also learned that there are some battles not worth fighting with a three year old - the main one these days, clothing choices. As I've mentioned to many of you, Westin has quite the sense of style. Some days it's different socks, some days it's different shoes, some days it's a certain shirt or jeans. Everyday he has an opinion about what he wears, even when choosing pajamas. 


Westin loves preschool and primary, and is learning so much right now - and I love watching him absorb it all. One of my favorite parts of any day Westin goes to preschool (without me) is hearing about what he did and learned. It also cracks me up when he then turns to me and asks how my day was. He sounds so grown up when we have these conversations. 


Westin has an awesome imagination. There's not a day that goes by that he isn't playing pretend - he may be a skateboarder one day, a football player the next, or Batman, Spiderman, a Little Einstein or even Ryan the day after that. Some days he even lets me play with him. 


We've had a wonderful last few days celebrating his birthday with him. Ryan finished finals just in time for Westin's birthday festivities to begin on Thursday. That morning, we let Westin open his presents from us and Grandma Diana before we headed off to Disneyland. Grandma Diana sent Westin this new art table/easel. 

In preparation for the superhero party we threw this weekend (post to come later), Ryan and I gave Westin a new Batman shirt and Batman/Spiderman reversible cape, along with some art supplies to go with the new table.


After presents and pancakes, it was time for Disneyland. It was a gorgeous 65-degree day, but Westin insisted on wearing his mittens and beanie. Guess he's just gearing up for our trip to Utah next week.


We watched the Christmas parade with our friends the Pettingills. Westin waved and wished nearly every character a "Merry Christmas."

Take a sunset ride on the Jungle Cruise


Nothing like a day at Disneyland during Christmastime to celebrate a birthday.

No comments: