On our fourth day in Omaha, we went to Vala's Pumpkin Patch. This wasn't just any ordinary pumpkin patch. This was a pumpkin patch on Disneyland crack. This place was huge and even had a map to help you get around. There was a corn maze, tractor rides, train rides, haunted houses, music shows, pig races, pumpkin launches, jumping pillows, petting zoos, and tons more that I can't even remember now. In two hours, we didn't even cover half of the attractions.
Chris, W and I were joined by one of my best friends and her husband who just happened to be in Omaha on tour with West Side Story. Seriously, what are the odds? It was so fun to see Beth and Brian, and I think they got a total kick out of watching Westin at the pumpkin patch.
Here are some of the highlights from Vala's:
Feeding the goats
The pumpkin launch - no joke, the sole purpose of this machine was just to launch pumpkins across the field... and people (including us) actually sat there and watched.
Our growing little man
Just a little short to actually take this thing for a ride
What cowboy doesn't wear a motorcycle shirt and skinny grey jeans?
Beth pretending to be a pig... Westin pretending to be amused :)
Brian, Beth, Chris, W and the camel
Westin on the jumping pillows
Brian, Beth and Chris finishing the corn maze. I had no idea how long it would take, so I opted to sit this one out with Westin. There's no way I was going to get lost in a corn maze with a toddler.
Two cute pumpkins
Looks like W has had enough of Vala's for the day... can you tell?
However, we couldn't leave without seeing the pig races
Just chillin' before the races begin
And off they go, with the pink one in the lead...
After three different pig races, the show ended with a duck race... these guys were kind of cute wabbling around the track.
After Vala's, we took Westin back to Allie's for a nap and then us big kids headed downtown for a nice, quiet lunch at a local bakery.
The next day was Saturday, which meant our fun in Omaha was coming to an end. We decided to spend our last couple hours exploring Chris' new campus at Creighton. There are some really pretty buildings on campus. Unfortunately, the law school building looks like the Brimhall at BYU - and if you've ever been to the Brimhall, you know it's not the most attractive building. Anyway, it was still fun to see where Chris attends class and spends most of his days studying.
Chris giving Westin a little law lesson in the alumni hall.
There's also a building very similar to the Wilkinson Center where there's a book store and some shops. We walked around here for a while and let Westin dress up a little.
Uncle Chris even bought W his very own Creighton basketball shirt. Westin loved it and wanted to put it on right away. Now he calls it his basketball shirt and asks for it by name. Good thing for Chris his school colors are blue and white because we don't really support any team with the colors of red or green.
After touring the Creighton campus, we drove over to Village Pointe for lunch before going to the airport. Taking one last look around...
Westin got in a little cat nap before our flight, but woke up the second we were in the airport with his first words being, "airport time!" At least he's excited to ride an airplane and not scared. The flights home went well. Westin had his own seat on each flight again, which was such a huge life savor. He was wiped by the end of the day and fell asleep in the car before we even got off airport property.
I can't say it enough - we had such a fun time in Omaha with everyone. We miss you guys already and can't wait for our next visit with you - wherever that may be.























3 comments:
I must say when you first began these posts, I thought "how interesting could Omaha be?" Consider me completely proven wrong. I don't even know anyone there but am considering adopting your friends just for a reason to go!
P.S. pumpkin patch on disneyland crack... best. line. ever.
Sounded like fun! I posted a lot more posts including of the day in San Fransisco!
Miranda :)
Oh we miss you guys too! That was so much fun. I stole a bunch of pictures off your blog, ps. It's finally time for me to post about it.
Post a Comment