October 11, 2010

Fishing & Pumpkin Picking

This weekend, Westin attended his friend's 2nd birthday party. They had a great time decorating their treat bags and fishing for candy.


We also spent the afternoon at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in West Hollywood with our buds the Eltons. Westin and Eli picked pumpkins, enjoyed a couple wagon rides, jumped around in the Jumpin' Pumpkin, slid down the blow up slide, and ran around carefree. What more could a kid want?

Here's Westin hauling his very heavy pumpkin

Realizing a little later that his first pumpkin wasn't really that heavy compared to this one

Clearly tired from all the heavy lifting, Westin was ready for a little joy ride
 
Two cuties 

The boys LOVED the jumpin' pumpkin. They would jump up and then just throw themselves across the pumpkin, laughing hysterically.

The slide was also a big hit. Westin and Ryan went down twice together and after each ride, Westin would hold up one finger and say, "one more, one more!"

I'm so grateful for these kind of days... days where we're together as a family, days where we get to spend time with our friends, and days that I see Westin as carefree and happy as ever. I can't even count the number of times he was giving us his best belly laughs throughout the day. Just one moment of laughter makes all the hard work as a parent worth it.

3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

I swear, he gets to go to more birthday parties than any kid I've ever heard of. He's one popular little boy.

Beth said...

Looks so fun! Can't wait to see you guys next week!!! xoxo

Marie Davies Howick said...

You look TINY. Not that it's important... but you do!