October 30, 2010

Halloween Week 2010

Our tribute to a week of Halloween fun... because when you're a kid, it's never just one day of dressing up.

The week started off with a Halloween-themed music makers class where all the kids got to wear their costumes and sing songs about Halloween. Here are Westin and Eli with their shakers during rhythm time.

On Tuesday we joined our friends for a Halloween party full of yummy food, cookie decorating and trick or treating. Taryn always does such a great job with her decorations.


The kiddos

Picnic lunch in the backyard

Cooking decorating... or in Westin's case, candy eating time

Pretty thirsty after eating all the cookie decorations, Westin decided to go find a drink

Reaching in his candy bag for another round of sugar

Note the chocolate dripping down Westin's chin... pretty sure the kid was in candy heaven all week

W and his buddy Camden, the fireman

Tuesday afternoon we enjoyed some time at the playground and even got to watch the construction trucks with Nicholas outside of our apartment complex. Westin loves watching construction trucks and even knows what this bad boy is in the following picture - a backhoe loader... bet you didn't know that one.

The week unfortunately brought on a couple bumps and bruises. This shiner in the middle of Westin's forehead is from him running and tripping just in time to catch the edge of the wooden step on the playground. Ouch!

On Wednesday we took a break from the costumes and headed to the beach. Not kidding, it was the best beach day all year! Clear skies, empty beaches and a perfect 75 degrees. October 25th. Amazing. As always, the birds are the only negative of any beach visit, but Westin and Nicholas quickly solved that problem by running them all off. Westin thought this was hysterical and would stop in his tracks to bust up laughing any time a bird would fly up in the air away from him.

Kicking sand with Jersey

Thursday was another day at the park, followed by a lazy afternoon at home. However, by Friday, we were back in costume for the ward Halloween party. Meet Woody and our little baseball player.

Here's Westin with our bishop... who happened to show up in his Giants gear. As you can see, we've clearly taught Westin that anyone who wears orange and black is not a friend of ours ;)

And who knew a toddler could play the doughnut on the string game?

It took about 10 seconds of trying to eat the doughnut without hands before Westin decided he wasn't going to mess around

Saturday was also full of fun, starting with Camden's 3rd birthday party at the airport park. Before we get to that, however, do you notice anything odd about this picture?
Right, W is only wearing one sock. It's his new thing. He let us get one sock and shoe on, but the second we try to get the other sock on, he FLIPS OUT. He refuses to put it on. Sometimes he doesn't want to wear either sock. Gotta love a nearly 2-year-old who has an opinion.

Ok, back to the party. Here's Juliann's awesome airplane cake.

W and the birthday boy trying to fly the plane

Westin and dad enjoying some pizza

During most of the party, Westin was off kicking this ball around the grass. I should have gotten a video of him kicking the ball... I think he might be a natural soccer player. The boy had a pretty good kick.

After singing happy birthday to Camden, the boys decided they'd take apart the plane.

Westin eating a cloud off the cake

After the party and a quick nap for Westin, we were off to the next party. This time, Ryan and I dressed up while Westin refused to put his Dodger jersey on again. So Ryan and I went as Don and Betty Draper from the AMC show, Madmen and Westin went as a worn out 23-month-old. BTW - that's a candy cigarette... just in case anyone was getting ready to pass judgement :)

I think he nailed Don Draper...

Tired yet? I am. I'm exhausted. And the craziness isn't over. In fact, it's only just begun. Tomorrow night I fly out to Denver. Monday night I fly to Chicago. Tuesday night I fly home. Wednesday morning Westin and I fly to Utah. Tuesday night we fly home. Following Monday I fly to Sacramento, then Dallas and Nashville. Now I'm tired.

2 comments:

The Evers Family said...

LOVE your costume! You guys look so cool.

Juliann said...

AWESOME costumes!! And you got so many great pics of all the events! I stole a few for my own blog, soon to post! :) What a crazy time of year!