Yay for having
internet up and running! I had to wait till 6 p.m. tonight to get it and I was
goin' nuts all day without it. I've gotta say, I'm pretty proud of us over here... we're completely unpacked and set up in the new place. I've got a couple more pictures to hang, but other than that, we're DONE! (Insert HUGE sigh of
relief here) It was a bit of a challenge moving into this apartment because we lost a lot of storage space that we had in the old place. I've been making a run over to Bed Bath and Beyond just about every day since last week picking up different storage/organization items. (Gotta love those 20% off coupons) I've also had to
babyproof this place a lot more than we did the old one. The last apartment was much older, so the cupboards and drawers had been painted 100x and stuck so much that I even had a hard time opening them! Here,
Westin can open everything, including the doors. (His new game is to go around shutting each door, and saying "bye, bye" as he does).
As I mentioned before, moving day went really smoothly - thanks to
everyone's assistance. Here's just a couple shots I took of W in the moving truck. He loved the truck and didn't want to get out.


After all the moving was done, we drove back to the old apartment to turn in our keys. As we pulled up,
Westin pointed out the window and yelled out a new word, "home." My heart broke! Of course, on the very last day and at the very last moment, he decides to call our apartment, "home." While I felt like a terrible mother ripping my child away from the only home he's ever known :) , it was actually pretty cute.
After the big move, we spent a relaxing day at Ryan's parent's house.
Westin loves to follow grandpa Rick around. While we were all inside watching the
Lakers game,
Westin was enjoying a peaceful afternoon by the pool with grandpa. Such a tender moment.

With life mostly focused on the move lately, the only new thing I have to post about is
Westin's friend's 1st birthday party. Jade turned 1 last week and had a very fun ice-cream-themed birthday party at the park.
Jazmine did a great job with everything and the kids (and adults) loved the theme!
Westin giving
Jazmine Jade's birthday present

The ice-cream bar (the
pre-made ice cream cones were actually cupcakes and some were rice
krispie treats - such a cute idea)

Though it looks like
Westin is taking off his party hat, he actually kept it on the entire time.

The birthday girl and her parents,
Jazmine and Dan
Westin and Ali enjoying their rice
krispie and cupcake ice-cream cones
Westin trying to pin the cherry on the sundae
1 comment:
Court! We miss you guys sooo much! Although I am so glad to hear that you were able to move into the new apartment. We will actually be moving soon too. I know it's really the story of my life! But yeah give me a call when you get a free minute and tell Westin and Ryan Hi for us.
Post a Comment