June 9, 2010

I Can't Help Myself

I see a picture like this, and well, I just can't help myself. I have to try out the recipe!
I got the recipe from Annie's Eats - a girl who's got a sweet tooth as big as mine! Here's the recipe. Not too hard. However, I made mine the easy way. Instead of making a homemade white cake, I used a boxed mix. I did make the homemade frosting which turned out excellent.
And if you're feeling like something a little more healthy... I think you need to try out this recipe for Grilled Corn and Arugula Salad that I got from Good Things Catered.

My modifications: I used a whole red onion, chopped it and then carmelized it (we don't really like raw onions in this fam). I didn't have smoked chili powder, just the regular stuff and it tasted great. I also didn't use the parmesan cheese, but sprinkled a couple diced avocado chunks on top before serving. Seriously so good!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Those cupcakes were awesome! I say 'were' because they are sadly all gone. they disappeared way too fast.

Erin C said...

ok can I be married to you?! you are always making the best looking stuff!