Ryan, W and I all flew up to SLC last Friday afternoon. The day before we left, Westin got an ear infection. Luckily we were able to get some meds before we left and Westin did just fine on the plane, but he was still a little off the first couple days of the trip. Poor guy - this was the second ear infection in a month (I think the first one never really went away).
Anyway, my dad picked us up from the airport and we immediately headed to The Gateway to meet up with my brothers for some grub.
Saturday was kind of a lazy day (mainly basketball games) - which was fantastic! Ryan met up with Kurt for a work out and lunch, while I went for a run and then drove to my mom's to help Kenzie get ready for prom.
It was so fun being around for Kenzie's prom. Being 10 years older I never get to experience these kinds of things with her, so I was very excited to be a part of her big day. My mom did her makeup and I did her hair (we are quite the team, if I do say so myself).
Pre-updo

As you can see, Kenzie has short hair, but we managed to get it all up and it looked gorgeous.

Another view
Here's Kenzie and her cute date, Madison. Kenzie looked so good. She's got such a great sense of style. Seriously, I did not know how to dress like she does at her age.
After the prom-prep, I headed back to my dad's to meet up with the gang there for some March Madness games.

After the prom-prep, I headed back to my dad's to meet up with the gang there for some March Madness games.
-
On Sunday, we joined my dad at church and then had a fun afternoon watching more games and playing outside.
-
Uncle Trevor giving Westin a ride on the rocking horse (I have video of this that I'll post later. It's hilarious)

Kenzie squeezing W a little too tight for his liking...

...and some strange dude with a mustache torturing my child
Uncle Chris, please shave your stash so my child doesn't have nightmares anymore.Outside on the trampoline

Westin loved it

Fun with grandpa (which Westin can now say - but it sounds more like "ganpa")

Superman

On Monday Ryan met up with Kurt and Brad and spent most of the day down in Provo, where they enjoyed some time walking around BYU, reliving some old memories. I'm pretty sure if Ryan could have it his way, he'd be starting there again in the fall... ah, life as a college student...
While Ryan was off with the guys, Westin and I met up with my mom to check out the Discovery Zone at The Gateway.
-
First, we had to check out the mini water show and walk around the little water fountains for W.


After the novelty of the water show wore off, we headed to the Discovery Zone. This was our first time and we all loved it. I was so impressed with how much there was to do, and how nice it was. Westin seemed to have a blast. I can't wait to take him back when he's a little older and can really take over the place.
-
I don't know what this was called, but you put the ball in the tube and it gets sucked up. I'm sure it was one of the coolest things Westin's ever seen :)

At the construction site with grandma Diana

Exploring the bird house

Driving the car with mom

Grandma teaching W how to fill up the car

Taking a ride in the helicopter

Flying the helicopter

And this one is for you, dad! Our future newscaster. Don't you just love how perfectly posed Westin is? He's clearly got broadcasting in his blood.
-
After the Discovery Zone, my brother Chris joined us for lunch at Rumbi. Then it was time for Westin's nap and a little break for mom. That night, Kurt, Erika, Ryan and I went to the Jazz v. Celtics game (grandpa Steve was on Westin duty). While our seats weren't great (yeah, see that wall behind us... we were at the VERY top), it's always great to spend time with K & E and to see the Celtics lose.


Tuesday we enjoyed the morning shopping with Loni and then lunch with my dad before Ryan had to head home :(
Two handsome guys

Westin giving the fake Old Navy dog a kiss (forgot to flip this pic, sorry). Westin can also say "dog" now too!
Loni and Westin.

Grandpa and W strollin' back to the office after lunch.

After Ryan left, we visited my grandma Margaret who just adores Westin. Anytime he'd leave the room, she'd ask if he was coming back.

On Wednesday, we met up with my mom and sister-in-law, Lindsay, to check out the aquarium. Quick preface - it was pretty weaksauce, but fun to check out once and for only an hour. I guess I shouldn't have really expected a Utah aquarium to be all that exciting... because really, what kind of sea life does Utah really have? Not sure we can count the trout exbihit as being "sea" life.
-

Cousins getting to hang out (that's cute little Gemma)

and seeing Westin look at fish as big as him
Me, W, Lindsay and Gemma

After the aquarium, Kenzie ditched her last period to meet us at Kneaders for lunch (if you haven't noticed, I made sure to hit up all my favorite Utah eateries).

Later that afternoon we visited with my good friend Kacey and then headed back to my dad's to do laundry and pack for our trip home the next day.
-
My dad and Loni got Westin a couple outfits for Easter. Here's W in his new basketball warm-ups.









3 comments:
Wow you guys packed a lot in! Looks like so much fun, I'm glad you were all able to have a little getaway. I miss Utah too...I make sure to hit up all the good food there too when I visit :) We can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!
Love all the pictures!! Especially the trampoline and the newcaster shots! Reminds me of the good old days of summer visits and our awesome videos! We'll have to have a marathon one of these days and pull them all out!
XOXO
Beth
It was so fun to have you guys in town. I dn't know if we can wait til May for the next visit.
Post a Comment