Ok, ok, I'll admit, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but both Ryan and I did have pretty exciting athletic accomplishments this weekend that I can't help but share.
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to run the Great Race of Agoura Half Marathon. We started at Paramount Ranch (that's where they filmed Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and a bunch of other stuff) and ended 13.1 miles later at Chumash Park near my old high school. My friend Mary was also running the race, so we met up at the starting line for some pictures and a warm up.

It was freezing when we started, but quickly warmed up and turned into a beautiful day for a run. The route itself was really gorgeous. For most of the run, we were back in the canyon near Malibu Lake. I grew up in the area and didn't even know most of the places I ran past even existed, so it was really cool to check it all out. I felt pretty good through most of the run, minus a mean hill at mile 3 (literally all up hill for a full mile) and a gnarly stomach cramp at mile 6 that I had a hard time kicking for about three miles (not cool). Despite those set backs, I was still able to break my goal of 2 hours and 10 minutes. My official time: 2 hours, 7 minutes and 17 seconds!
I was really excited and couldn't wait to share the news with Ryan... who was back in Santa Monica with Westin. Yeah, so as I'll get to in a minute, Ryan had his ward basketball playoff game right around the time I was ending my run. So unfortunately, he couldn't be there at the finish line. Instead, I sprinted across the finish line, grabbed a water, a banana, and my metal and headed to the shuttle to get back to my car in hopes of getting to Ryan's game by halftime. But don't worry, like the total loner that I was, I did manage to capture a picture of myself back at my car. Just proof that I finished in case anyone questioned it ;)

Ok, so after my run, I headed back to Santa Monica to get Westin from a friend's house and raced over to Ryan's game, which was already in progress. The first game of the day was for the championship of the Santa Monica Stake. If they won that game, they would then play the winner of the Los Angeles Stake for the Tri-Stake Championship. The first game was close throughout the entire 40 minutes, but like the undefeated champs they are (and thanks to a last minute 3-pointer by Ryan), our ward won the game and went on to beat the Los Angeles Stake Champ later that afternoon to take home the title.
A little pre-game huddle
The Champs: (top row) Scott, Jonas, Jordan, James, (bottom row) Jordan, Ryan, Ryan and Ladon
Jonas (team captain) apparently felt pretty confident that they'd win it all, and had martinelli's waiting in the parking lot for the post-game celebration.
After all our sporting events, it was time to go home for even more... the Elite Eight. Our friends, Trevor, BreAnne and Nate came over to watch some of the action and to grab dinner at Cafe Rio. Perfect ending to a very exciting day.
-
Here's a picture of Westin showing Nate his activity table. I love this picture because it looks like Nate is looking up at Westin like he's the cool, older kid :)

And a couple Sunday shots with dad and mom



3 comments:
WOw Congrats you two!! That is a fantastic weekend! Wish I had known about the run Court...would have at least met you at the finish line!!
You did so good!! I wish I could have been there for the race, and Dan wishes that he could have been there for the games. I'm planning on running the Laguna Hills one...are you in?
You look so good Courtney! I'm glad you got that pic at the end. We wouldn't have believed it.
Post a Comment