January 13, 2010

This Week So Far...

We finally visited Trevor, BreAnne and Nate in their new home. It had been a while since we've been with these guys, but Westin didn't seem to forget his little buddy.

Nate is getting bigger by the day and will be ready to run around with Westin before we all know it
Westin had some fun with his Grandpa Rick in Valencia on Sunday

We had a picnic in the park on Tuesday with some friends from the ward (too busy chasing Westin around to snap a pic - next time).

We went to the pet store to see the puppies. This is one of Westin's favorite things (or at least I think it is). He squeels with joy every time we walk into the store, and then walks around from case to case squeeling some more as he points to each puppy.

Ryan has been making it home for dinner every night, so I've actually been cooking! I've tried some new recipes this week and have been really happy with how they've turned out. And don't take that or the following remarks below as me being conceded... cause I'm definitely not that when it comes to cooking. I'm just proud of myself for cooking again. Anyway, our menu has been:

Monday: Turkey burgers with green chilis, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and a homemade bun (yes, I said, "homemade." I'm so proud of myself!). Side dish was homemade sweet potato fries (baked, not fried).

Tuesday: Chicken tostadas with a roasted corn salad (consists of roasted corn, red onion, red bell pepper, yellow squash, tomato, basil, and EVOO and balsamic). The recipe made a ton, so...

Wednesday: Roasted corn salad pizza! Again, homemade dough (same one-hour bread recipe as I used for the bun. I also had left overs of this, so I'm making cinnamon rolls tomorrow). The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it was the best I could do with my camera.
Also this week... Westin discovered the drawer under the stove. At first he started putting his toys in it. Maybe he was thinking it was a cool hiding spot for things. Who knows. Then, a short while later we found him doing this...

I guess now it's his hiding spot.

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Wow Court!! You are so dang domestic!! The food sounds great :) And I would like one of your cinnamon rolls... thank you.

Erin C said...

Busy girl! I need to get some tips from you on the cooking thing!

The Evers Family said...

yummy food! Way to go...homeade bun..I didn't even know that was possible.